• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Show your pedalboard: 2021

Thombalabomba

With that much time on my hands, I have optimized my gigging setup in the hope that there is a chance to use it soon.

it is quite compact:

If I have to go minimalistic, I would just use the Amp1 Mercury (in low Gain mode), guitar and perhaps the Nanocab if no PA is there:

The white pedal is a minus booster as recommended by Thomas Blug. At home I put a Ditto Looper there for practice.

but the setup is a whole lot more fun in connection with the bigger pedalboard (powered from the small amp board, hence only one connection to mains power):

it has been optimized to the point where I can't make it any better:

The inside is not high end pretty, but it totally gets the job done:

So, the signal goes into the board, via the touch sensitive true bypass Wah pad (very cool! I recommend it) into the G2:
L1: SP compressor
L2: Ruby Red Booster (a treble booster)
L3: Decibelics Golden Horse (highly recommended)
L4: Dunlop Univibe
L5: Dunlop Hendrix mini Fuzz Face
L6: Real Tube Tube Driver (Mantovani Mod - runs at 18V from the pedalboard)
From there is goes to the Send and Return of the board. The Return leads via the EP booster (always on at unity volume) to the Lehle volume pedal and back into the G2.
L7: MXR Phase 95, Retrosonic Flanger, Boss CE-2w Chorus (turn on and off by foot)
L8: Free the Tone FlightTime Delay
L9: Catalinbread Echorec
L10: Microvent
The G2 is basically set up on bank such that the first four switches give me the 4 amp channels of the Amp1 (via MIDI) and all pedals are in stomp box mode. The higher banks have more complex presets.

Everything sounds so so good together and is really highly functional. I love the sound of the Amp1 and the Nanocab is so sweet. I basically use it as a monitor and go via the BluBox for FOH. Quite possibly the most streamlined and best sounding setup I ever had.
How are you living that band of gypsies fuzz? I have the version with a swirchable buffer and si/ge but i can't seem to make it work for some reason...

Frank67

How are you living that band of gypsies fuzz? I have the version with a swirchable buffer and si/ge but i can't seem to make it work for some reason...
I like it just fine. I needed to have that silicon Fuzz Face sound and it needed to be a mini pedal. That narrowed it down. This one was the best one I found. In my setup it was a bit dark so the tone control is all the way up and sometimes I still like to run the treble booster into it. I mainly use it for the „Time“ and „Echoes“ solos and it gets the job done.

KoskineN

Silver Supporting Member
Pretty stoked off of this setup, its a little excessive for someone who gigs once a century, but im having a lot of fun anyway.

Under the hood shot.
Great! My new board will be built around my PBC/6X, changing from my Musicomlab EFX-MKV. I love how you can customize everything on the RJM, and I have a lot of cool ideas on how I'm gonna set my pages and presets.

IanRubbish

Gold Supporting Member
Great! My new board will be built around my PBC/6X, changing from my Musicomlab EFX-MKV. I love how you can customize everything on the RJM, and I have a lot of cool ideas on how I'm gonna set my pages and presets.
Its really a great unit, being able to switch the loop order is always a great feature and they have the 3 stereo loops and the insert loop that can all be split mono loops, and the order of those can all be rearranged as well. Im still diving through the editor software and finding other cool things you can do, but so far its beyond my expectations. I did order a 10” pedaltrain angled riser for it last night that should work with my Waggi Board, as the bottom of it needs more clearance for the cables if you are using squareplug or something like that.

EpiLP1985

Silver Supporting Member
Here is my Mk. II board. I made one last weekend that was a weird footprint. I had to make it narrower and longer:

It has enough space for my 6 builds in the hopper, the Mooer Elec Lady and a compressor. Power is supplied by two Otraki 10 output power supplies.

your name here

Gold Supporting Member
I keep building boards that are too big with fancy MIDI loop switchers and out there pedals that are ultimately underutilized. I’m finally sick of it. I’m scaling it back to PT2 size for the foreseeable future and have stripped this board down to what for me is the basics. Haha. Will be wiring this up asap and am extremely pleased to have talked some sense into myself. Now I might actually be able to fit my board on small stages around town.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom