• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Show your pedalboard: 2021

kendog

Gold Supporting Member
My new Dry/Wet/Wet studio rig is coming together.
Candidates for my DRYve board..gonna wire it up tonight.
Zuma underneath. FV500L (off board) will go between last pedal and buffer.
DRYve board will go into 1 of these amps.
Wet Board next week.

Last edited:

estrago1

Just finished my rebuild last night after adding a Decibel Eleven Switch Dr to finally give myself a more centralized control scheme. It'll be my first time using MIDI with my pedalboard, so I'm a little overwhelmed but I'm excited to learn and see what cool stuff I can come up with.

Last edited:

Fender30

My custom Pumaman pedal board (as of April 7, 2021)

angle view

overhead view

full-rig view

This is a 4-cable method pedal board. I occasionally make changes, but it mostly remains close to what is
shown here. There are pedals that go in front of the amplifier and pedals that go in the FX loop of the amp.

The first row of pedals are all used in front of the amplifier and the signal enters from right to left. These
pedals consist of effects which limit the dynamics of the signal, or provide harmonics through distortion.
The guitar plugs in on the right side of the board then feeds into an Empress buffer mounted underneath.
This provides signal conditioning and splits the signal for the tuner. There is a ClinchFX EP-Pre buffer used
to condition the signal from the amplifier FX-loop. The signal passes to the Jackson Audio PRISM which
is a master volume for the FX-loop. It also provides a measure of EQ if needed. Then the signal passes to
all of the Strymon effects on the back row: Mobius for modulation, TimeLine for delays, BigSky for reverb
before returning to the output stage in the amplifier.

Since the ambient effects are placed after the amplifier (preamp) stage, I can still use the preamp with its
character & distortion from clean to heavy-drive without losing any detail in the delay repeats and reverb.
The Mobius has the ability to be inserted in the back row ahead of the TimeLine, or can be programmed
to be inserted just after the compressor. I lose the ability to use any modulation effects in stereo but that
really doesn't bother me in this setup. I use the Universal Audio OX-box as a load box & stereo integration
for the signal to be directed into my DAW for recording. I can put stereo effects such as EQ, delay or reverb
into the OX-box using Universal Audio's great emulation of classic vintage effects. There are custom IR's
already loaded in the OX-box to simulate dozens of cabinet and microphone combinations. I still can't wait
to try out the new 4x12" 4FB MESA cabinet live.

Signal chain:
1. Guitar
2. Empress buffer (with split for tuner)
3. Origin Effects Cali76 Compact Deluxe compressor
4. Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
5. Wampler Tumnus Deluxe overdrive
6. Wampler Pantheon overdrive
7. Strymon Riverside overdrive
8. ISP Decimator noise gate
9. Empress buffer (with return to front of amp)

FX-loop:
1. Send from amplifier FX-loop (volume pedal here)
2. ClinchFX EP-Pre (signal polisher & phase alignment)
3. Jackson Audio PRISM boost & EQ (master volume with tone) run at 18v
4. Strymon Mobius
5. Strymon TimeLine
6. Strymon BigSky
7. Return to amplifier FX-loop

Yes, the Taurus textured Tolex on the pedalboard matches the MESA Boogie amplifiers exactly.
The guitar shown is "inexpensive" but has some very nice features, plays well, and has great pickups.

Last edited:

Stephans

My custom Pumaman pedal board (as of April 7, 2021)

angle view

overhead view

full-rig view

This is a 4-cable method pedal board. I occasionally make changes, but the structure remains similar.
There are pedals that go in front of the amplifier and pedals that go in the FX loop of the amp.

The front row of pedals are all used in front of the amplifier and the signal runs from right to left.
There is a jack plate on the right side of the board that feeds into an Empress buffer mounted underneath.
This provides signal conditioning and splits the signal for the tuner. There is a ClinchFX EP-Pre buffer used
to condition the signal from the amplifier FX-loop. Then the signal passes to the Jackson Audio PRISM which
is a master volume for the loop. It also provides a measure of EQ if needed. Then the signal passes to
all of the Strymon effects on the back row... Mobius for modulation, TimeLine for delays, BigSky for reverb.

Since the ambient effects are placed after the amplifier (preamp) stage, I can still use the preamp with its
character & distortion from clean to heavy-drive without losing any detail in the delay repeats and reverb.
The Mobius has the ability to be inserted in the back row ahead of the TimeLine, or can be programmed
to be inserted just after the compressor. I lose the ability to use any modulation effects in stereo but that
really doesn't bother me in this setup. I use the Universal Audio OX-box as a load box & stereo integration
for the signal to be directed into my DAW for recording. I can put stereo effects such as EQ, delay or reverb
into the OX-box using Universal Audio's great emulation of classic vintage effects. There are custom IR's
already loaded in the OX-box to simulate dozens of cabinet and microphone combinations. I still can't wait
to try out the new 4x12" 4FB MESA cabinet live.

Signal chain:
1. Guitar
2. Empress buffer (with split for tuner)
3. Origin Effects Cali76 Compact Deluxe compressor
4. Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
5. Wampler Tumnus Deluxe overdrive
6. Wampler Pantheon overdrive
7. Strymon Riverside overdrive
8. ISP Decimator noise gate
9. Empress buffer (with return to front of amp)

FX-loop:
1. Send from amplifier FX-loop (volume pedal here)
2. ClinchFX EP-Pre (signal polisher & phase alignment)
3. Jackson Audio PRISM boost & EQ (master volume with tone) run at 18v
4. Strymon Mobius
5. Strymon TimeLine
6. Strymon BigSky
7. Return to amplifier FX-loop

Yes, the Taurus textured Tolex on the pedalboard matches the MESA Boogie amplifiers perfectly.
Wow!
Great setup! May I ask, I would asume a switcher with these midi pedals (strymon big 3 and Riverside) and the others. Have you consider, or is there an reason why not to do this? Just try to learn...

AVWIII

Here’s mine. The JHS Mod Op Amp Big Muff is a new addition (hence the wrong label on the switcher!).

The other controller sitting on top of the switcher changes patches on the Zoom so I can add any patch to any of my drive pedals with one or two presses.
The multistomp integration is on another level with this board. Very cool!

weedzzz

my board, pretty much never changed except I’ve settled on a blues driver instead of others I tried. And I added the germanium big muff (which isn’t a big muff).

Basically the same setup I’ve recorded and toured with for the past 7 years.

I don’t have any fancy pedals really, I mostly use gear that does the job and could pretty much be replaced in any music shop in any city, or a close enough alternative should something have a problem when touring.

I’ve thought about replacing the Marshall Vibratrem but I use those effects so sparingly that there’s no point. It’s fine.

johnny q

Here is my "grab n go" pedalboard. Polytune-->Crybaby Classic--->TS Mini--->Rimrock Mythical Overdrive VS----->MXR Phase 95--->Ibanez Mini Chorus

Still trying to figure out why there is a noticeable tone suck (high end roll off) when the TS Mini is in line. It's a True Bypass pedal plus the addition of 1ft of low capacitance cable.

Fender30

Wow!
Great setup! May I ask, I would assume a switcher with these midi pedals (Strymon big 3 and Riverside) and the others. Have you consider, or is there an reason why not to do this? Just try to learn...
Thanks, I used a BOSS MS-3 effects switcher with 3 loops on this board once before, but it simply won't
work on this 28" x 16" pedalboard with the number of effects that you see here. Then, I was only using
the MS-3 with an compressor and 3 other narrow drive pedals. As I became more concerned that the
MS-3 was actually contributing to some unpleasant changes to my tone (buffers and impedance) I tried
running without it ... And the problems went away. So, the combination of slight tone changes and the
fact that there really was not enough room available - just made that decision for me.

This is a pretty simple system if you look at it serially ... I almost never use more than one drive pedal at
a time, I might leave the Strymon Riverside on and stack one of the Wampler pedals into it, but there
really isn't a lot of tap-dancing. The Strymon Trifecta on the back row is almost always set the same way
throughout the whole song ... And the compressor, master volume, EQ and buffers never get changed
or turned off. I'm usually only dealing with one or two drive pedals in the center of the front row.

It comes down to this, there is no room for a switcher without giving up some pedals ... and I like the
function of all of the pedals here. You can't do David Gilmour or ZZTop without a fuzz. Everyone needs
a tuner, a clean overdrive, a lead boost, etc. The pedal board is functional on many levels, but I would
not make it any bigger than it is. I have to use a luggage hand-truck to load it into the truck now! Ha.

Last edited:

Stephans

Thanks, I used a BOSS MS-3 effects switcher with 3 loops on this board once before, but it simply won't
work on this 28" x 16" pedalboard with the number of effects that you see here. Then, I was only using
the MS-3 with an compressor and 3 other narrow drive pedals. As I became more concerned that the
MS-3 was actually contributing to some unpleasant changes to my tone (buffers and impedance) I tried
running without it ... And the problems went away. So, the combination of slight tone changes and the
fact that there really was not enough room available - just made that decision for me.

This is a pretty simple system if you look at it serially ... I almost never use more than one drive pedal at
a time, I might leave the Strymon Riverside on and stack one of the Wampler pedals into it, but there
really isn't a lot of tap-dancing. The Strymon Trifecta on the back row is almost always set the same way
throughout the whole song ... And the compressor, master volume, EQ and buffers never get changed
or turned off. I'm usually only dealing with one or two drive pedals in the center of the front row.

It comes down to this, there is no room for a switcher without giving up some pedals ... and I like the
function of all of the pedals here. You can't do David Gilmour or ZZTop without a fuzz. Everyone needs
a tuner, a clean overdrive, a lead boost, etc. The pedal board is functional on many levels, but I would
not make it any bigger than it is. I have to use a luggage hand-truck to load it into the truck now! Ha.
Thanks a lot for the full explanation!
I came to the same conclusion that the MS-3 changes the sound enough to let it go.

Trending Topics