Show your pedalboard: 2022

Dan R.

Supporting Member
Not totally set on OD. Would like to give the protein a shot in place of the VM
PXL_20220622_002240850.jpg

ueeei

Updated acoustic board for 2022. Cleaned it up a bit, replaced the PolyTune with a Strobostomp, and added in the Schaeffer Replica "Storm."

My goal has been to replicate, as closely as possible, Michael Hedges' live acoustic sound, which was unmatched. I was only recently informed about the Storm from Gary at Trance Audio. It replicates the internal limiter that was used in the old Vega wireless units, which Michael used. It makes a subtle, yet important difference in the tone.

Next goal is to add wireless. Not sure how that's going to work. I'm not keen on using a digital wireless unit due to latency (even the Shure ULX gets 2.3ms), but analog units that could be placed on a board don't seem available these days. Gary's building me a wireless unit for the Amulet right now, then I will need to have two wireless transmitters to carry the wireless signal from the Amulet. So three wireless packs attached to my strap (Michael did it!).

Last edited:

Valveampguy

Updated acoustic board for 2022. Cleaned it up a bit, replaced the PolyTune with a Strobostomp, and added in the Schaeffer Replica "Storm."

My goal has been to replicate, as closely as possible, Michael Hedges' live acoustic sound, which was unmatched. I was only recently informed about the Storm from Gary at Trance Audio. It replicates the internal limiter that was used in the old Vega wireless units, which Michael used. It makes a subtle, yet important difference in the tone.

Next goal is to add wireless. Not sure how that's going to work. I'm not keen on using a digital wireless unit due to latency (even the Shure ULX gets 2.3ms), but analog units that could be placed on a board don't seem available these days. Gary's building me a wireless unit for the Amulet right now, then I will need to have two wireless transmitters to carry the wireless signal from the Amulet. So three wireless packs attached to my strap (Michael did it!).

I’d love to try my Golden on an acoustic, maybe add some slight modulation.
A very inspiring recent Brett Papa / Jedd Hughes video recently inspired me to try that.

However, my only current acoustic doesn’t have a pickup, unfortunately.

Thorsday

index.php
View attachment 631199

My home Stereo board. Guitar>Fuzz Bender>Rat 2>Aria>EQ>Discumbobulator>ABY>Julianna>DD 500>RV 500>Hydra>RC-1>Saturnworks Potentiometer>front of amps. The Grand Orbiter is first after ABY on right side only. The Rat and Fuzz Bender are just "place holders". I like to rotate through different fuzzes and distortions. The Grand Orbiter is the same. I'll rotate through different modulation pedals there. I am very happy with this setup. I'll be even happier when my LVX gets here.

That Keeley Fuzz Bender looks a treat. I have a EQD Hizumitas... But I have to run an EQ pedal after it, to make it cut in a mix... Should I just get the Keeley?

ueeei

I’d love to try my Golden on an acoustic, maybe add some slight modulation.
A very inspiring recent Brett Papa / Jedd Hughes video recently inspired me to try that.

However, my only current acoustic doesn’t have a pickup, unfortunately.

I highly recommend that Trance Audio Amulet / Sunrise setup. It's pricey, but the sound beats out anything else I've heard (though a simple K&K + RedEye setup sounds pretty good too).

username5000

That Keeley Fuzz Bender looks a treat. I have a EQD Hizumitas... But I have to run an EQ pedal after it, to make it cut in a mix... Should I just get the Keeley?

Yes you should. It's still tons of fun even if it doesn't replace your Hizumitas. It spits velcro. It does the violin/synth thing. It gets dark and wooly or it can scratch your eyes out.. Everybody ought to have one.

Edit: I have never played a Hizumitas.

Last edited:

Chief Distortion Officer
Silver Supporting Member
Yes you should. It's still tons of fun even if it doesn't replace your Hizumitas. It spits velcro. It does the violin/synth thing. It gets dark and wooly or it can scratch your eyes out.. Everybody ought to have one.

Edit: I have never played a Hizumitas.

I wonder how that Keeley Fuzz Bender compares to a Katzenkonig…

JesterR

I wonder how that Keeley Fuzz Bender compares to a Katzenkonig…
Did not own Keeley, but Katzenkoenig is great pedal, but it's much more RAT, then ToneBender. It's not a bad thing at all (one of the coolest overdrives, that I owned). But still, it's more crunchy 70s distortion tone, then Jimmy Page fuzz.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom