Show your pedalboard: 2022

Gera RG

Silver Supporting Member
Did the ol’ shuffle again to accommodate the Collider that I just got.
Added the Perseus for some sub-octave Nintendo nuttieness. Mantic Proverb is fairly new and I’m loving it for pre-dirt.
As much as I love the Limelight, I’m not using it much, so am looking at using that slot for an octave up fuzz. In the past I was using the Henretta octave into my Fuzz Mutant, but it took up a lot of space. I’m currently looking at the vezzpa by beetronics as a possible substitute.
View attachment 647275
View attachment 647276
How is that Pettyjohn Lift? How are you using it? Heard it has an amazing buffer

glumlord

How is that Pettyjohn Lift? How are you using it? Heard it has an amazing buffer
It’s really great. The buffer is really amazing and the boost is perfect. With the bass and treble cuts I can dial it in with any guitar and amp, but honestly it is so natural that it doesn’t need my dialing-maybe a bit of bass cut when I’m using my AC30. The harmonic drive circuit is just perfect for low gain sounds.
I used to use an always on boost at the end of my drives, but this just makes everything after it sound so much better so I have this after fuzz and before drive and distortion.

reprove

Silver Supporting Member
A few new friends. Still waiting on a Spiral Dehme fuzz to show up to sit in the Acapulco Gold spot but so far I’m having a ton of fun.
0EF3ECB5-E6FF-49D9-8D98-424B5375E557.jpeg

Alabamarama

Working on a small board for taking outside or quick set-up.

Just got the Iridium and it's legit. Can't quite get my dirty Vox sounds out of it, but it nails my clean tones. I have the NU-33 in the loop of the Nemesis and it sounds glorious.

I have a Spiral Electric Fx White Boost to incorporate still, looking to add one of their fuzz pedals aswell.

This is will be for bass too, as I have a Tech21 Bass DI to switch out with the Iridium for recording duties. Should be a fun process finishing this badboy.

myaudiodna

Silver Supporting Member
Okay, as promised, here's my follow-up with my "main" board.

Ar first blush, it looks like any other pedalboard-
wmGE1WL.jpeg

-but it has a couple of useful tricks up its sleeve!

It's obvious I'm using a true bypass loop switcher. I've always really dug these, and they've become durned near indispensable for my boards. This one has a 6-Loop switcher, and I've got it set up so that I can very easily use an effects loop. Here's the deal-

Loops 1-3 are dirt, boost and modulation. Loops 5&6 are time-based; delay, reverb and tremolo. Loop 4, though?

It runs out to this-
B9t5OlJ.jpeg

That is a Goodwood Audio 'Audition'. So it has an 'in' and 'out' on one side, and a send and return on the other. It functions like a junction box, except it has a little switch that you can use to bypass it. Before I was using this, I just had two long cables that I kept wrapped up, beneath my board when I wasn't using the loop. But this lead to a problem, where any time I may have accidentally stepped on the switch, my signal cut out. With the Audition, I can set it up to cut out, or totally bypass so that there's no effect.

It's also really helpful as an insert, I can try new pedals in the middle of my board without rewiring everything.

New boost- before my OD, or after? Simple. New reverb- before delay or after? Simple.

New pedalboard- how do these pedals play with my main board? Simple. You can run it right in the middle, between the dirt/Mod and the delay/verb.

So what else does this board have up its sleeve?

A very simple, and totally practical "mod" (I use that term lightly, obviously! :rotflmao )-

rqJEO7x.jpeg

Extended feet, and risers-
ikg3Ng5.jpeg

And lastly, when you gig out a bunch, you end up having to set up on some pretty dark stages, and it can be tough to see your knobs and settings. So there's this-
RyplXfg.jpeg

A little set of lights that both have switches! And, because I keep the output cable wired in 24/7, they also lend a hand with cable management when it's time to pack up-
VQMb3Pj.jpeg

So that's its for my main board. It has been with me for a while now, with very little changes. If anything, I might shuffle around the mini pedals in the front; sometimes I'll sub out the ODR1 for my Mini TS, or the SP for a Bonetender, etc. But it pretty much stays the same otherwise!

It's so incredibly flexible that I've used it to record the past few times I've hit the studio. In the past, I would set up a huge, do-it-all-and-then-some board to bring for recording. But I've found that if there's something this board can't do, I can quickly and easily patch in an appropriate pedal or effect due to the Audition. So whether it's before the others, after, or right in the middle- it's easy-peasy!

Next up, I'll present my Ted Talk on my "gigging" board. Lol

Can we get a link to the feet? I just did this on a Nano board, but the feet are taller than I'd like and the ones you used here seem to be a bit shorter.

LikeAMotherF

Gold Supporting Member
Can we get a link to the feet? I just did this on a Nano board, but the feet are taller than I'd like and the ones you used here seem to be a bit shorter.
I picked them up at Home Depot, they're just like little rubber bumpers that are supposed to cover up feet for furniture and stuff. I don't recall exactly which size I got (because Ijust eyeballed it in the store), but it's something like this-

If you want them to stay on, you'll need to use some kind of adhesive or epoxy. I used one of those compound epoxies, where you mix the two fluids and stir it up. But I bet something like Shoe Goo or crafting glue would do the trick.

(Maybe @roknfnrol knows the proper size and name of the feet? He did something similar, I think.)

tomtetom

May I ask what the MC3 controls and how it works? Pardon my midiocy lol
No problem.

The MC3 is a MIDI controller and so controls the Compadre, Riverside, Deco, Lex, El Capistan and Flint.

In other words, I can set up presets and access these with a single button press. The MC3 also sends MIDI clock, so can be used as a tap tempo for the El Capistan, Lex and Flint.

It's a really handy device, and you can find out more about it (and its bigger sisters) here: https://www.morningstar.io

roknfnrol

Gold Supporting Member
I picked them up at Home Depot, they're just like little rubber bumpers that are supposed to cover up feet for furniture and stuff. I don't recall exactly which size I got (because Ijust eyeballed it in the store), but it's something like this-

If you want them to stay on, you'll need to use some kind of adhesive or epoxy. I used one of those compound epoxies, where you mix the two fluids and stir it up. But I bet something like Shoe Goo or crafting glue would do the trick.

(Maybe @roknfnrol knows the proper size and name of the feet? He did something similar, I think.)
I think the 7/8 in was the size I purchased for my Metro 24.

Easyrom

I'm thinking about a new board. 7 pedals. Quite small for some of you, but really big for me (I already have a Pedaltrain Nano and a Mono Lite with respectively 4 and 3 pedals).

I'm still wondering about the placement of the Lex and the order of the two overdrives. What would you do?

johnetone

Silver Supporting Member
I'm thinking about a new board. 7 pedals. Quite small for some of you, but really big for me (I already have a Pedaltrain Nano and a Mono Lite with respectively 4 and 3 pedals).

I'm still wondering about the placement of the Lex and the order of the two overdrives. What would you do?

Fuzz > ODR1 > Lightspeed > Sex > Tuner > Space Echo > Lex

Would be my flow.

Coolerking

You have to try different combinationsto find your favorite. On my boards, modulations come first before fuzz, high gain and overdrive...

R.C.Moran

Gold Supporting Member

Man that’s gonna make a great board! Personally, I normally go lighter to heavier with drives and fuzz. As for the Lex, it depends on the sound you want, try it both before and after, see what suits you more. I generally prefer before delay/reverb, YMMV. Either way, I’m sure you’ll have a blast with that setup!

Top Bottom