Show your pedalboard: 2022

johnetone

Silver Supporting Member
Here’s my mid year update:

180A8B45-44FE-4D0C-88FF-29F09CA2416B.jpeg

This won’t change much again this year methinks. Well, then again, there is a new Asheville Music Tools pedal on the horizon. And first position fuzz will always be subject to change into my Basic Audio Foxton or Mask Audio Electronics Maybe? depending on the vibes. But otherwise this board is pretty much ready to molt into a slightly larger one if I want a third row. The reason I would need a third row would be to add another permanent fuzzer (Maybe?) along with a compressor (Empress), ring mod (Randy’s) and maybe another od/dist (Surveyor).

Aloha!

Dirty Strings

Mini pedals be damned.

Haven't posted in here for a bit now. Got my modded Rat, Deluxe Electric Mistress, and Bad Stone back from my brother. Bad Stone needs some fixing but I got the other two on the big board.

The amp switchers and Whammy Midi controller are usually off to the side next to the RE-202 but for photo's sake I moved it in front. Big Muff looks like it's hanging off the top of the board in the photo but it's not.

52197577299_48556bd09f_c.jpg

Chain: Polar Bear fuzz (the builder told me it's based on a Harmonic Percolator), tuner, Whammy, POG, phaser, Crybaby, Hot Cake, Rat, TI-Boost, Muff (through a true-bypass looper), Mistress, Empress Chorus using both outputs to the RE-202 inputs. Output 1 of RE-202 goes to Mesa Tremoverb. Output 2 goes to RW Trem and then to Laney GH100L.

Easyrom

Thanks for your help, guys!

I definitely need to do more experimentations...

Right now, I like the trio Sex Drive --> ODR-1 --> Lightspeed. Gives me the option to rather boost gain or volume of the Nobels or use the Lightspeed as an always on light drive and still have two shades of drive at my disposition.

The position of the Lex may be a little bit harder to set. I have really annoying RFI problems at my place. Some set up are perfectly quiet and some pedals can be really noisy. And sometimes quiet pedals become noisy in a particular order! I've found that the ODR-1 placed just before the Lex becomes RFI sensitive. On the other hand, I've had quite good results with fuzz --> Lex --> my gain stage trio, but I realize I haven't tried the Lex after the delay. In my mind the delay was always last, but you're right and it makes sens, I'll try that! 7 pedals and so many possibilities!

RichyD123

Totally happy with this now and its set up for gigging. I keep looking to get another little 'something' like an Afterneath or EHX Canyon but there's no more room. My only wish is that it wasn't so dam heavy. Lugging this about with my Marshall stack sucks but its worth it once I'm there and set up on stage.

Attachments

• 20220619_165711.jpg
    20220619_165711.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 122

cutonio

Totally happy with this now and its set up for gigging. I keep looking to get another little 'something' like an Afterneath or EHX Canyon but there's no more room. My only wish is that it wasn't so dam heavy. Lugging this about with my Marshall stack sucks but its worth it once I'm there and set up on stage.
2 Ditto's ?

RichyD123

2 Ditto's ?
One is straight from the guitar so I can record something and then mess about with fx afterwards. The other is last before the fx loop return for live looping when I have to add lead bits over rhythm sections. It's a real handy system I think; last night I had a little idea looping for 10 mins while I did a deep dive into the H9 to find the right effect.

Jason UP

Silver Supporting Member
my board I assembled solely for my Twin and Deluxe Reverbs...totally honks! Got the '81-'82 Rat for free from a buddy who didn't use it, and it cost me $24 to fix. Screwdriver was on my Marshall board, so the tape re: knob settings is now obsolete haha oh well!
IMG_1552.jpg

MylMoosic

I'm thinking about a new board. 7 pedals. Quite small for some of you, but really big for me (I already have a Pedaltrain Nano and a Mono Lite with respectively 4 and 3 pedals).

I'm still wondering about the placement of the Lex and the order of the two overdrives. What would you do?

If you aren't using amp overdrive/crunch, I'd put your last-in-line overdrive after the Lex, and one that you use more as a boost in front of the Lex. That way, the Lex is both able to modulate a little bit of dirt (and get a little swishier/more rotary-like), and is also able to be compressed a bit and sound like it's distorting. If you really want it to be swishing around, put it last, after delay and everything. That's more accurate to how a rotary would function in a practical situation. I really enjoy modulation after delay, but it will be pretty overbearing if you aren't using it as a temporary effect. As something to leave on for long periods of time, get it before your delay and before one of your overdrives. The nobels comes to mind as a good pedal to go after the Lex.

Easyrom

If you aren't using amp overdrive/crunch, I'd put your last-in-line overdrive after the Lex, and one that you use more as a boost in front of the Lex. That way, the Lex is both able to modulate a little bit of dirt (and get a little swishier/more rotary-like), and is also able to be compressed a bit and sound like it's distorting. If you really want it to be swishing around, put it last, after delay and everything. That's more accurate to how a rotary would function in a practical situation. I really enjoy modulation after delay, but it will be pretty overbearing if you aren't using it as a temporary effect. As something to leave on for long periods of time, get it before your delay and before one of your overdrives. The nobels comes to mind as a good pedal to go after the Lex.
Thanks for your time MylMoosic!
I've been messing around with pedals today. As you say, after the delay the Lex sounds great but really swishing around. I understand that's the closest to the real deal... but it's a little bit too much for my taste. Between dirt and delay it sounds wonderfull also, but I feel it cleans up my tone and I loose some drive. Finally I prefer it before my main drive, which is the Nobels, but still have hesitation about having my Sex Drive before or after the Lex... I like it before, but I feel like the Lex stands between the Sex Drive and Nobels and these two work really great together. I'll investigate more tomorrow!

For now, my preference would be:
Fuzz --> Lex --> Sex Drive --> ODR-1 --> Lightspeed --> Delay

Last edited:

Bammer77

pedalboardSummer2022.jpeg

Loving this board so far. Handles everything I throw at it for my 90s rock cover band.
In front: Polytune2 mini>EP Booster (always on, set to 0db boost)>Crybaby 95Q>TC Electronic Sub n Up octave>Nux Roctary Leslie simulator>Boss NS-2 with Friedman Golden Pearl in the fx loop of the pedal>Boss EQ-200 channel A>Friedman JJ Jr. amp head.
FX loop: EHX Small Clone>MXR Carbon Copy Delay mini>Boss EQ200 channel B.
The blank box is the footswitch for my amp.

stratmonkee

IMG_20220622_154325543_HDR.jpg

Experimenting with a quick and easy portable setup . Just picked up a Hughes And Kettner Ampman classic, so far, very happy, play in a power trio classic rock type band and it easily keeps up with loud drummer and aggressive bass player :) . Play thru a DV Mark 2x12 neo classic cab...easily carry my whole rig by myself car to stage 1 trip

Trending Topics

Top Bottom