Show your pedalboard: 2022

Tony Stonem

IMG_20220105_104347619.jpg

Minor changes at the start of 2022. Polytuner was swapped out for a tu-3w as I thought it might be nice to have the option of a buffer right after fuzz. The Twang and the Fuzz are powered by battery as I could swear it sounds better. I've been trying to have fewer pedals but I appreciate and use every pedal as is. I'd love to get a vibe on there, but I tried the dejavibe mini and I somehow couldn't bond with it - it's on the shelf alongside a Rat reissue, a spark booster and a ditto looper.... I currently run a Nash s63 into this, and it all goes into a Fender DRRI, attenuated with a T.A.D. Silencer.

Last edited:

michaelnoah

View attachment 471254

Minor changes at the start of 2022. Polytuner was swapped out for a tu-3w as I thought it might be nice to have the option of a buffer right after fuzz. The Twang and the Fuzz are powered by battery as I could swear it sounds better. I've been trying to have fewer pedals but I appreciate and use every pedal as is. I'd love to get a vibe on there, but I tried the dejavibe mini and I somehow couldn't bond with it - it's on the shelf alongside a Rat reissue, a spark booster and a ditto looper.... I currently run a Nash s63 into this, and it all goes into a Fender DRRI, attenuated with a T.A.D. Silencer.

Very nice! I want a Texan Twang so bad! (and a Gypsy Vibe too, of course...)

Tony Stonem

Very nice! I want a Texan Twang so bad! (and a Gypsy Vibe too, of course...)
I'd love to try a gypsy vibe as well... The Twang is indeed fantastic. It is important to note that to my ears it works best if you run the Twang into a cooking amp. Running one into a clean amp with the volume at 2 will yield a shrill sound, which is why I suspect a lot of them were offered on our (Dutch) equivalent of eBay, possibly right after purchase. It really needs to go into a hot amp. The sound comes from the combination of the two. This is also why I have the attenuator - I value my eardrums and neighbours...

Last edited:

MBT74

Here's my current Pedaltrain Mini. I started experimenting with boost into overdrive. I'm liking the thicker sound and overtones. I also recently added a preamp section volume pedal at the end of my pedal chain in my VHT Special 6 Ultra's effects loop which was a godsend for home practicing with the amp's preamp gain stage knobs cranked higher.

View attachment 471154

Great to see some DOD pedals on a board.:aok

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
View attachment 471254

This is a really nice-looking board. I like your pedal choices, but the layout itself is really clean and well organized. I hate when pedalboards have way too much crammed onto them and stuff has to be laid out sideways or in an overly Tetris-y manner. This is nice and very usable. Well done.

What's the pedal on the top row between the chorus and the wah?

Tony Stonem

This is a really nice-looking board. I like your pedal choices, but the layout itself is really clean and well organized. I hate when pedalboards have way too much crammed onto them and stuff has to be laid out sideways or in an overly Tetris-y manner. This is nice and very usable. Well done.

What's the pedal on the top row between the chorus and the wah?

Why thank you, sir! That silver pedal is the Gladio SC.

Walesguitar

Those three are my exact current board. My board is your shelf!

jellodog

Silver Supporting Member
I decided to restrict myself to a mini board. This is why I beg our great and merciful pedal builders for top mount jacks haha! Yes yes, I appreciate that my thirst for top jacks is a problem of my own creation :bonk

Tempted to try out a Golden Reverberator or a Mercury7 because I'm a little obsessed with reverb, but that would be tough on space (at least they have top mount jacks!).

On the whole, I'm satisfied, though. I will never need to swap out the gorgeous Hamstead tremolo - it's absolutely perfect and I won't suffer GAS for tremolo for the rest of my life.

jd_pedalboard_jan_2022.JPG

There's a Harley Benton PowerPlant ISO-2AC Pro Modular power supply hidden under there. Great value for money (even when factoring in shipping from Thomann in Germany) and the isolation has been perfect and dead silent. The power supply is quite tall though, so I had to jack up the legs on the Mono board by 4mm to accomodate it. The Mono board is reversed because I didn't want to see the distracting white logo on the front.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom