Show your pedalboard: 2022

truckin

Silver Supporting Member
DUDE! You have the Marcello! Is that thing the best effect ever made or what???
It’s spectacular!! Really one of my prized possessions. I started with an old 1A Guild Binson and moved that in an attempt to find a working T7E. After several tries getting DOA or faulty units, I ended up taking the plunge on Marcello’s unit. Every time I plug into it I have to pinch myself to remind myself how lucky I am to own such a thing. It’s an improved Binson in every regard, I can’t wait to gig it whenever I get the opportunity to play a show again. Have you ever played one?

This is one of four of the TU (tube) T7E models in existence, I’ve been told that John Mayer owns one of them.

sutherland

Silver Supporting Member
51821552727_364fb97c2c_h.jpg

Studio Owner

It’s spectacular!! Really one of my prized possessions. I started with an old 1A Guild Binson and moved that in an attempt to find a working T7E. After several tries getting DOA or faulty units, I ended up taking the plunge on Marcello’s unit. Every time I plug into it I have to pinch myself to remind myself how lucky I am to own such a thing. It’s an improved Binson in every regard, I can’t wait to gig it whenever I get the opportunity to play a show again. Have you ever played one?

This is one of four of the TU (tube) T7E models in existence, I’ve been told that John Mayer owns one of them.

The unit in your pic is tube? Awesome. He's built me four of them, all solid state, including one to spec as a studio rack effect. I don't just use it on guitar. This and maybe one or two other bits of gear in history I am actually attached to, including all vintage guitars, amps and recording gear. And I've played it all. I am so stupidly spoiled when it comes to delay now.

truckin

Silver Supporting Member
The unit in your pic is tube? Awesome. He's built me four of them, all solid state, including one to spec as a studio rack effect. I don't just use it on guitar. This and maybe one or two other bits of gear in history I am actually attached to, including all vintage guitars, amps and recording gear. And I've played it all. I am so stupidly spoiled when it comes to delay now.
Yep, the one in the pic! It is one of the few things I’m attached to as well. I generally don’t hold on to stuff like this, eg sold a Fulltone TTE because I found pedals could get that tape sound really damn close. But Marcellos units, no pedals sound like those.

R.C.Moran

Gold Supporting Member
51797469690_7d99b3eb94_b.jpg

50928953453_1e41993fd5_b.jpg

Same as it’s been for a while. Running W/D/W through a Komet Ambikab for the reverb and delay. Sounds fantastic.
Nice board! Quick question, since you mentioned using the Ambikab, I was looking at getting one myself. Do you let any dry signal through on the wet channels, and if so have you noticed any phase issues? If I got one, it would likely be chorus, delay, and reverb, and while some videos suggest using kill dry, it doesn’t make much sense to do that with 3 effects in series.

The Opera Panther

Silver Supporting Member
Nice board! Quick question, since you mentioned using the Ambikab, I was looking at getting one myself. Do you let any dry signal through on the wet channels, and if so have you noticed any phase issues? If I got one, it would likely be chorus, delay, and reverb, and while some videos suggest using kill dry, it doesn’t make much sense to do that with 3 effects in series.
Thanks, and no. The reverb and delay are wet only/kill dry. I’m running them in parallel through the RJM mini line mixer underneath the board. Before I got the mixer, I had the delay and reverb in series, and you can’t run kill dry like that-the pedals sort of fight each other for dominance. I should note, it sounded pretty good with the effects in series like that, but it was a little different-the dry signal coming through the Ambikab. I like the wet-only sound a lot, plus, I can control the level of the reverb & delay with the volume pedal on the left. So, I can go from none to a really wet sound with the sweep of the volume pedal.

jellodog

Silver Supporting Member
Wow. Beautiful, simple, elegant.

I really love what you've got going on there. I also like the bottom / top row separation that reflects pre & post amp stages too. I bet it took years of experimentation to refine your choices to get to this point.

Last edited:

R.C.Moran

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks, and no. The reverb and delay are wet only/kill dry. I’m running them in parallel through the RJM mini line mixer underneath the board. Before I got the mixer, I had the delay and reverb in series, and you can’t run kill dry like that-the pedals sort of fight each other for dominance. I should note, it sounded pretty good with the effects in series like that, but it was a little different-the dry signal coming through the Ambikab. I like the wet-only sound a lot, plus, I can control the level of the reverb & delay with the volume pedal on the left. So, I can go from none to a really wet sound with the sweep of the volume pedal.
Thanks for the info, that’s super helpful to me! I bet it all sounds heavenly!

sutherland

Silver Supporting Member
Wow. Beautiful, simple, elegant.

I really love what you've got going on there. I also like the bottom / top row separation that reflects pre & post amp stages too. I bet it took years of experimentation to refine your choices to get to this point.

Thanks! It has been quite the exercise, for sure. The top row represents all of the great rack style effects, with the LPD Tidal being a 'greatest hits' version, capturing what I love from the Dimension and CE-2W.

The bookends on the bottom row have changed recently. The OKKO replaced a JHS Colour Box V2 and the Keeley Phaser replaced the JHS Clover.

krisharmony

Silver Supporting Member
Trying different fuzz and bringing back KOT and some Leslie for 2022, the Vemuram ODS-1 continues its run with BEP being the foundation. Amps = 18w +/- Retro King and vintage Deluxe — KOT made for Deluxe and screams — photos 2021 vs 2022 (Metro 16 + CS6):

2021:
View media item 282602
2022:
View media item 348322

Nice, I spy the ABY Baby. Been keeping an eye out for them but a parts shortage seems to have impacted their ability to restock.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom