Show your pedalboard: 2022

Dawg76

Silver Supporting Member
A modified Pedaltrain. Built last Fall and REALLY liking it.
No changes yet for 2022, but I have an OD about 15 yrs old being repaired; may sub it in for the Greer.

50IYKnb.jpg

Last edited:

hatsubai

Buddy of mine @vultures 3D printed some of these, went to Home Depot to get some slats that fit in them, painted it black, and sent it to me: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4773318

I decided to make an all mini board out of it. Still gotta custom make some cables with some nice SP400s/500s and a power supply underneath, but it's a decent little board that gets the job done IMO. Spacing is definitely tight, though. I have a Suhr Shiba Mini and Ibanez Analog Chorus Mini I sometimes swap in here, too.
1A0291A6-4C86-4E89-AB60-00ABA6F3F104.JPG

Last edited:

slowburn

Can you compare the Keeley red dirt mini with the ts mini. That’s interesting to me that you have both on your board. Do you stack them or use them for different guitars or what?

Buddy of mine 3D printed some of these, went to Home Depot to get some slats that fit in them, painted it black, and sent it to me: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4773318

I decided to make an all mini board out of it. Still gotta custom make some cables with some nice SP400s/500s and a power supply underneath, but it's a decent little board that gets the job done IMO. Spacing is definitely tight, though. I have a Suhr Shiba Mini and Ibanez Analog Chorus Mini I sometimes swap in here, too.
View attachment 481946

hatsubai

Can you compare the Keeley red dirt mini with the ts mini. That’s interesting to me that you have both on your board. Do you stack them or use them for different guitars or what?

TS Mini and Red Dirt Mini were both gifts, so I added them to the board as it kinda went with the "theme" of me appreciating the amazing friends I have. Red Dirt has a handful of dip switches on the bottom which change clipping diodes and overall output, so it sounds different from the TS Mini. I only ever stack with the Riot.

As far as comparing them directly goes - The TS Mini sounds just like a normal tube screamer you can find just about anywhere, but now it's available in a cute little package and can be found dirt cheap. You got that low end cut with the pronounced midrange and grit if you start dialing up the gain.

The Red Dirt Mini has a little more low end, more range on the gain knob (less gain in lower settings, more gain in higher settings), more output on the level knob, and different flavors of diode clipping you can play with when you take the rear cover off.

If I had to choose only one, I'd take the Red Dirt Mini even over the full sized Red Dirt since it's more versatile than the original which doesn't have the extra diode clipping options.

Bill Dennis

Silver Supporting Member
I do rather enjoy seeing what people put together and the creativity they do it with. From the biggest and baddest loaded with all the top shelf stuff to a piece ply wood with 1-2 modest units. I tried doing a big board but it didn't work for me so I changed direction to using several small boards for different applications. A Pink Floyd/EJ/70's inspired board to a live board to a recording board. Of course they are all interchangeable for any purpose but they are small, portable and focused on a purpose.

vultures

Buddy of mine 3D printed some of these, went to Home Depot to get some slats that fit in them, painted it black, and sent it to me: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4773318

Nice board :D If I hadn't picked up a Nano+ before making this for you, I'd be using one right now as well.

This is mine. Managed to get a lot of it tucked underneath with some pretty inappropriate stickers that I blurred out. All running off an MXR DC Brick. Drilled out the feet/rivets, 3D Printed some spacers and mounted the feet back on so I had clearance under the board for some of the extra stuff.

Line 6 G30 > JHS Buffered Splitter > Peterson Strobostomp HD > Wampler Ego > Boss HM-2W, Custom Boost/Overdrive I built > Maxon OD808 > Fortin Zuul. - The Splitter's second out goes into the Zuul Key input and it works perfectly, no need for loop shenanigans.

I call it "The High Gain Rescue Kit" - It used to be 4 HM-2's, MIJ, MIT, Waza, and a clone. Now it's much more usable and easy to grab and go. Any time I want to try out a high gain amp, this comes with me. I feel naked playing an amp without it. I'd love to upgrade to a G50 wireless someday soon. The transmitter (guitar side thing) is literally crumbling apart. All the plastic is cracking and breaking. I had to epoxy the battery door back together. Really disappointed with it's build quality. I'm also using the EBS PG-10 Flat Patch cables. They're pretty cool and low profile, but are starting to pull apart a little bit. I might swap to Square Plugs in the future.

OSfamTv.jpg

This Classic Jr. is full...
The black box on the back is a Radial Bigshot ABY to give me wet/dry.
All powered by CIOKS DC10 except for the reverb.

signal chain is:
Polytune -> MXR Fuzz -> Cali76 -> Micropog -> Ts9 -> Dept10 Boost -> ABY -> DE7 -> Flashback (w. MXR tap tempo) -> surfytrem -> surfy reverb

View attachment 482160

from the demos I saw on the web these surfybear reverbs seems excellent, can you give me your opinion??

Trending Topics

Top Bottom