Show your pedalboard: 2022

leblee

Silver Supporting Member
I bought a new to me amp with an FX loop so here’s my latest pedalboard incarnation.
Tuner>comp>wah>muff>OD>distortion >Boost>Amp front.
Fx loop send>chorus>phase>univibe> flanger>delay>reverb/trem>FX loop return.

Haven’t had time to play with it yet. Any suggestions? View attachment 483969
Looks very cool.

A lot of pedals that I would love to have and some that I currently have.

A lot of things to try and play with, some I would try:
- comp after the wah.
- Phase before dirt
- Muff after OD and dist

BearBryan

Silver Supporting Member
3A6CF459-53EC-499C-9981-84A295D9D603.jpeg

Townie

Gold Supporting Member
Looks cool. Have you ever considered placing flanger and/or chorus in front of the amp though rather than in the effects loop? I have the Retro-Sonic Flanger too, and I greatly prefer it in front of my amp.
My old amp was a Blues Jr. so everything went through the front. When I got my Traynor, I tried it that way first and then slowly tried the modulation and time based pedals one by one through the effects loop. The flanger sounds great both ways; haven’t made up my mind yet. The Univibe also sounds good after the fuzz and through the front but it really shines on the dirty channel through the Fx loop. The chorus sounds better through the Fx loop to my ear.

Townie

Gold Supporting Member
Looks very cool.

A lot of pedals that I would love to have and some that I currently have.

A lot of things to try and play with, some I would try:
- comp after the wah.
- Phase before dirt
- Muff after OD and dist
Comp after wah and phaser before dirt are things I have never tried before. Thanks! The fuzz after OD and dist is my regular layout. Having it before is a relic from my old layout where I went fuzz>vibe>OD>dist bc the vibe sounded awesome after fuzz but better before my other dirt pedals.

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
My old amp was a Blues Jr. so everything went through the front. When I got my Traynor, I tried it that way first and then slowly tried the modulation and time based pedals one by one through the effects loop. The flanger sounds great both ways; haven’t made up my mind yet. The Univibe also sounds good after the fuzz and through the front but it really shines on the dirty channel through the Fx loop. The chorus sounds better through the Fx loop to my ear.
Cool. I had read once years ago that modulation sounds best in the loop, and I just bought into it without really thinking about it too much. I have a nice amp with a stellar effects loop, so I just accepted that this was the right way, as it all sounded pretty good. Then one day I was fooling around with my Mobius, and just out of curiosity I started comparing effects in front of the amp and in the loop and was really surprised by how much more I like flanger and chorus out front.

Everyone has different tastes and different amps and guitars and whatnot, so it's definitely worth playing around and not just going by the conventional wisdom. Sounds like you've done that though, so all good.

Cool pedal choices by the way. Congrats on the new setup.

biffbangpow13

I didn't realize ARC Effects did a retro Green Russian! Cool.

Also regarding the board, always wanted to do a flat board like this, but then get stuck on the power supply dilemma. How are you powering it?

Thanks ! this green russian was a very limited run and sounds great, it's so bad that Arc Effects didn't make new stuff ... this board seems flat but it's not and there is a cheap and tall power supply under it ^^

Chippertheripper

Silver Supporting Member
I picked up a new board and power supply today to start assembly on my “big” home board. It won’t be complete until my Centura lands mid march or so, but I’m feeling pretty jazzed.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom