My two boards to start the year off.

Board one, lots of drive and delay options, with some versatile modulation too:
7C1B2D9D-750F-4ECB-A229-22EE3E127065.jpeg

Zvex 59 Sound for boost and/or edge of breakup Bassman style overdrive

RevivalTrem for bias trem and medium drives

RevivalDrive for crunchy AC30 type sounds currently

Collision Devices Ranch for boost, odd harmonic tremolo and mid gain boost

Deco for Chorus or Slapback

The new Valco Five-O will need to stay separate I’m afraid…

Board two - more modulation, slightly ambient vibes:
477EACCF-DDA2-4A22-B70A-2BBC054A28D1.jpeg

This has become my favorite, most versatile board ever. The Broadcast is on most of the time, Golden always, the rest to taste.

Signal path is bottom right to upper left in both cases, quite straightforward.

Last edited:

LikeAMotherF

Silver Supporting Member
Really nice pedal choices--great-looking board. Surprised to see the KOT-Black Box pairing though. They complement each other well?

Also, how is that Lovepedal tremolo? I never knew they even made a trem in a vertical enclosure.
For whatever reason, the Blackbox and the KOT (or POT) complement each other really well. Initially, I planned on setting up the KOT as Boost>OD, with the Blackbox set as kind of a dirty boost, with a little bit of gain and the output a bit above unity. But I never got around to it, and I've found that I like running it with the KOT set to default OD>Boost, with the Blackbox set more like a typical OD. That way, depending on the song or part, I can either use the OD on the KOT and use the boost for a volume jump, or I can use the Blackbox as my OD and use the boost to push it harder for more gain and compression, without getting much louder, if at all.

Its funny, i probably wouldn't have hit upon this particular dirt set up on my own, but it works really well. Plus, running the KOT OD and the Blackbox OD makes for some cool sounds!

The Lovepedal Tremolo is pretty sweet. It has tap for the trem rate, plus all of the knobs you would expect- depth, rate, and output volume. It can also be set as a very clean boost, if you set the depth all of the way off and the volume up. The only thing that could make it better is if it had tap subdivisions; it's impossible to tap in 8th notes at 180bpm!

I really dig it though. I'm not sure if tremolo pedals have their own 'sound', but this one seems to. Not like EQ, but for some reason it reminds me more of some BF Fenders I've tried that have tremolo. Maybe it's the power of suggestion because of the font? Either way, it works for me!

What do you use the Zoom Ms-50 for?

Right now I'm using the MS-50 as kind of a catch-all, though mostly for modulation. The Deco does some beautiful modulation sounds, but by design they sound more like the effects you'd hear on a classic analog record than the modulation that blossomed with the advent of pedals. So I have been using it when I want a particularly "pedal" sounding effect, like chorus or phase, for instance.

I have also been messing with setting it to a ratio of the delay sound, so for instance, when paired with the Timeline Dual setting, I can have three delays in series, all set to a different-but-complementary delay time.

It's also kind of new to me, so I'm still getting a sense of what it excels at and what I don't dig about it. It fun trying different sounds in the chain, if nothing else. In the past, I've typically just ran a single chorus or phase pedal behind my dirt and called it a day. But the Zoom presents so many options to explore!

I like seeing a Zoom and Analogman on the same board!
The best tool for the job, amirite?

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
For whatever reason, the Blackbox and the KOT (or POT) complement each other really well. Initially, I planned on setting up the KOT as Boost>OD, with the Blackbox set as kind of a dirty boost, with a little bit of gain and the output a bit above unity. But I never got around to it, and I've found that I like running it with the KOT set to default OD>Boost, with the Blackbox set more like a typical OD. That way, depending on the song or part, I can either use the OD on the KOT and use the boost for a volume jump, or I can use the Blackbox as my OD and use the boost to push it harder for more gain and compression, without getting much louder, if at all.

Its funny, i probably wouldn't have hit upon this particular dirt set up on my own, but it works really well. Plus, running the KOT OD and the Blackbox OD makes for some cool sounds!

The Lovepedal Tremolo is pretty sweet. It has tap for the trem rate, plus all of the knobs you would expect- depth, rate, and output volume. It can also be set as a very clean boost, if you set the depth all of the way off and the volume up. The only thing that could make it better is if it had tap subdivisions; it's impossible to tap in 8th notes at 180bpm!

I really dig it though. I'm not sure if tremolo pedals have their own 'sound', but this one seems to. Not like EQ, but for some reason it reminds me more of some BF Fenders I've tried that have tremolo. Maybe it's the power of suggestion because of the font? Either way, it works for me!

The best tool for the job, amirite?
Cool. I just ordered a new Cusack tremolo pedal, but had I even known about the Lovepedal, I would have given it a try, simply because it would have fit so much better on the new board I'm building. Oh well : )

Anyway, congrats on the cool pedalboard, and HNY.

saltbird

Not much has changed since last year. I replaced the Zelzah with the Phase 95 because I just don't need that many modulation options. I'll switch between both the script Phase 45 and script Phase 90 modes depending on the song, and that's proven to be all I really need in the modulation department, sans tremolo. I do occasionally miss the envelope filter in the Zelzah, but it doesn't get utilized enough to justify a permanent spot.

I'm still rocking the holy King Tone trio in the drive section, and after yet another very memorable gig last night, they're not going anywhere. I really wish I discovered the Blues Power a lot sooner and there's seriously something special about the Soloist that I've yet to come across in other TS pedals. That edge setting feels like it was custom-tailored for me to the point where I wish just about every overdrive pedal I own had it or something similar.

I constantly ruminate on ways to simplify my setup. After much deliberating, this 7-pedal configuration seems to be the sweet spot for me, particularly for gigging, although I still think of ways to make it even smaller. If not for the '61 harmonic tremolo, I think the Flint would probably be the first one to go since I seem to always use amp reverb nowadays.

I forgot to blow the hairs off before taking this photo as I have a 100lb black labradoodle who seems to shed his weight daily. It's an uphill battle, but I love him more than anything.

PXL_20211231_001949372_2.jpg

cosmic_rust

Gold Supporting Member
Playing blues rock, stoner rock/ psychedelic jams, classic rock in the trio Cosmic Rust. Usually a Les Paul or SG into a Deluxe Reverb.

In my haste I neglected to post the chain order:

Plum Crazy Squawk > Xotic Wah > Turbo Tuner > Lovepedal Rubber Chicken > Flower Castilleja > UTT LAB > PastFx Patriarch > Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe > SS/BS Mini > Chase Tone Fuzz Fella > King Tone Soloist > Pettyjohn Chime MKII > Dr. Scientist The Elements > PastFx 18V Power Booster > Timmy > EHX Nano Pog > PastFx Reticon Flanger > Free the Tone Tri Avatar > Strymon Deco > Free the Tone Future Factory > Free the Tone Ambi Space > Toneczar Stereo Powerglide > Temple Audio Stereo Sum box

Here are a few more close-ups:
20211209_075552.jpg

20211209_075714.jpg

20211209_075641.jpg

20211209_075900.jpg

And here's my recording board, for direct recording and home playing:

Last edited:

GrumCentral

Here’s what I’m entering the new year with! Ripped everything off and my wife made some of the aesthetic choices with placement. Please excuse the slightly visible rat’s nest of cabling. I don’t quite have the skills of some of you
FAF562CF-B761-4635-9840-C29AF2658782.jpeg

Rest of the rig is a telecaster going into a Victoria 5e3 copy. I play mainly “jazz” in more the Jim Campilongo, Bill Frisell, and Julian Lage kind of vibe

Last edited:

johnny q

I had some time off for the Holidays so I built the big brother to my grab and go pedalboard.

Boss TU3-->Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wha-->Wampler EGO compressor-->Barber Direct Drive-->Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet-->True Bypass Looper-->MXR EVH Phaser/MXR Analog Chorus (Loop One)-->MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe (Loop 2)

All powered with a Truetone CS12 which mounts cleanly underneath the Pedaltrain (photo 2)

The OD pedals will swap in/out with whatever is floating my boat that particular day. Also - I have swapped out the TU3 for a TC Electronic Polytune 3 as I prefer the sound of the Bonafide buffer to the Boss.

Big-Pedalboard.jpg

Power-Supply.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom