• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Show Your Pedalboard: Evolution [PIC-HEAVY!]

7thString

So I got a little bored today and decided I'd try to pool together all of my board pictures since I first got into pedals. If anyone has the time, I'd love to see your own evolution into this mess.. :)
I played guitar for ~7 years before I finally came across the fabled 'Big Muff' age 19. Roughly 2.5 seconds into Andy's demo, I was sold. And that first stomp was an absolute revelation for my ears. Compared to the rather unsatisfying built in distortion of the Fender Frontman, I was blown away.
The following pictures detail a ~5 year foray into gearmania as I'm sure many others have enjoyed.
I'm slowly settling though... I swear..

My first decent electric - I miss it dearly...

So simple, right? eughhhhhh TGP what have you turned me into...

Some BYOC fun

Things starting to get a bit more serious now...

A brief period of minimalism...

This (below) was a particularly killer iteration IMO!

More BYOC fun...

Can you see the gradual increase in TGPness...?

I was fortunate enough to gig ^this^ rig! Needed about 1% of those pedals...

^This^ has to be my favourite iteration.

^Things get messy during tracking. Pleased with the result though - my first self produced EP

Recently used for tracking my first self produced album.

CaptainAwesome

It definitely is a stupid username
Silver Supporting Member
January 2009 - Before TGP:

July 2010 (5 months after I joined TGP - Nobody needs this many pedals...what was I thinking!?!?)

March 2011 - My favorite aesthetically, but it was too much work to program.

August 2012 - The original Glass Nexus was a spaceship, but it sounded awesome.

May 2013:

April 2014:

May 2015:

Current Board - June 2015 through Present:

adolan

I'll play this game soon enough when i get my board sorted out, i sold some stuff recently to fund an ES-8/cabling etc which is incoming. a balance of midi and hi quality stuff is where i am headed and i'm there pretty much, sounds sound great now.

I learned a lot here as well as bought and sold my share of stuff last year searching for my key pieces. mostly analog and now i see why Chase Bliss is kinda killing it with their digital brain/analog heart thing...i kinda can see the appeal of a row of their pedals vs a bunch of other bigger vintage or crazy space hogs that kill the board real estate (my EHX vtg EM and MF 103 come to mind) oh well we'll see ;)

7thString

January 2009 - Before TGP:

July 2010 (5 months after I joined TGP - Nobody needs this many pedals...what was I thinking!?!?)

March 2011 - My favorite aesthetically, but it was too much work to program.

August 2012 - The original Glass Nexus was a spaceship, but it sounded awesome.

May 2013:

April 2014:

May 2015:

Current Board - June 2015 through Present:
oh man, the fractal kicked the scarab..??
Nice boards!

Jo-Jo Beans

Here's an Imgur album with all the images in it that you can flip through. Descriptions are included under each image. I'm a tremendous nerd and have pictures of most of the iterations of my gear over time, although I did miss a few phases here and there.

SI

So I got a little bored today and decided I'd try to pool together all of my board pictures since I first got into pedals. If anyone has the time, I'd love to see your own evolution into this mess.. :)
I played guitar for ~7 years before I finally came across the fabled 'Big Muff' age 19. Roughly 2.5 seconds into Andy's demo, I was sold. And that first stomp was an absolute revelation for my ears. Compared to the rather unsatisfying built in distortion of the Fender Frontman, I was blown away.
The following pictures detail a ~5 year foray into gearmania as I'm sure many others have enjoyed.
I'm slowly settling though... I swear..
Things starting to get a bit more serious now...
A brief period of minimalism...
This (below) was a particularly killer iteration IMO!
More BYOC fun...
Can you see the gradual increase in TGPness...?
I was fortunate enough to gig ^this^ rig! Needed about 1% of those pedals...
^This^ has to be my favourite iteration.

^Things get messy during tracking. Pleased with the result though - my first self produced EP
Recently used for tracking my first self produced album.
Yay Psych!
Yay Aussie!
Yay Castledine!

Digging the tunes man :)

iGouger

Well, my board has gone from "nonexistant" to "room to grow"... so I guess that's considered evolving. I actually built this Ikea Board tonight. The next pedal on my very long list is either the Earthquake Devices Hoof or the ThorpyFX Fallout Cloud... haven't quite decided yet which one will make the cut.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom