Show Your Superstrats!

AllenEden1987

My new Eden Guitars silver sparkle paulownia body landed, I swapped out the MJT relic body yesterday, and I gotta say it is excellent; great look, super cheap ($90), & 2 lbs lighter. I was hesitant to try drilling out the 6 screw trad bridge holes (I have a history of dorking simple guitar tech things up), esp since I kept reading about how easy to strip out the paulownia wood is, but it went without a hitch. It sounds as good as it did with alder, and by some lucky fluke (neck angle maybe), the action landed lower than I could get it before. I'm stoked! View attachment 264906 View attachment 264907 View attachment 264908
My name is Steven from Allen Eden Guitars.

I really like your build and would like your permission to post it on our social media.

Drew816

Silver Supporting Member
Original Charvel Logo'ed Strathead neck (likely late '82 to early '83), EVH profile (1 5/8th nut and thicker profile), early 80's Charvel body, original 80's Floyd Rose, low wind Pure PAF and 80's Duncan in the neck. Oh, '63 Bassman converted to a 1x12 (a LOONNNNGGG time ago). At one time I owned quite a few, I only kept the best. I'm still mad at myself for selling my Jackson Strathead though...

JereDigi

Well, kinda felt like /thread closed post-RICFREAK’s pics, but anyhoo...

Age-old question - what’s your definition of SuperStrat?

Is it bridge HB, locking trem, pointy bits?
‘91 RG565:

‘94 RG670DX (since sold):

Anything Stratty shaped with HBs?
‘02 JS2000:

Or just a Strat with a bridge HB retro-fitted?
‘88 MIJ Strat:

Whatever! It’s all good fun:D
Great question - what is a super strat? I am temped to post my Carvin bolt but it doesn’t have a humbucker ... is that a disqualified?

Econ

Looks like you’ve got all the 80s super strat brands covered ... except maybe Washburn - were they a big player then?
I’m not a Washburm fan, but one that I’m missing is a BC Rich Gunslinger. Looking for right one.

Ronnie J

That’s a great neck/body color scheme!
*edit* Thanks! I recently made some changes and now it's a little more hot-rodded imho.

Pickup from the Creamery UK - skinny scooped mids neck and vintage 64 bridge, 3-way switch, treble bleed and a concentric tone. Still shopping around for knobs.

Last edited:

JereDigi

Thanks! I recently made some changes and now it's a little more hot-rodded imho.

Pickup from the Creamery UK - skinny scooped mids bridge and vintage 64 neck, 3-way switch, treble bleed and a concentric tone. Still shopping around for knobs.

Maybe some wooden knobs to match the fretboard?

Trending Topics