1. During the first week of August 2020, we'll be upgrading the software TGP runs on to the currently available up-to-date version. The software version is a significant upgrade, so there will be some downtime as we do the work under the hood. We've got a team of professionals, including the software development company assisting the process. We've conducted substantial tests using backups of the current forum to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade. We've gone to great lengths on the design of the theme (aka 'skin' or look and feel) of the forum to offer a better user experience for members and visitors. The default theme will be new, yet clearly influenced by the classic TGP look. We will have a dark version of that also easily selectable. Also available will be a "Classic TGP" theme that closely matches the current theme you are accustomed to using with the current software. There is also an easy width adjustment to make it set width or expand to your window width for each theme. As we get closer, I'll update everyone so hopefully, no one will be caught by surprise.
    Dismiss Notice

Showing some love for EHX

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Magnets And Melodies, May 16, 2020.

1. Frond

Frond Member

yep they’re an essential brand. I’ll have my DMMTT1100 and big box Small Stone on my board forever.

Magnets And Melodies likes this.
  2. rolandk

rolandk Member

Why do they make a 9.6V power supply and not just a 9V?

3. Drew66

Drew66 Member

I love me some Big Muff Pi.

4. Kurt Leege

Kurt Leege Member

Big EHX fan here. Just had some ambient fun here today. Attack/Decay into Grand Canyon (pitch delay) - then into the Eventide Rose set at double the delay time for the loop I set up.

I also use my Superego+ frequently.

monty and Baskervils like this.
  5. ikan

ikan Member

I hate my first EHX pedal, the Metal Muff. Loving the Pitch Fork!

Magnets And Melodies likes this.
  6. Windup 43

Windup 43 Supporting Member

Been through countless EHX pedals and still own many, some of the very best pedals ever.

monty likes this.
  7. 100JH

100JH Member

Ambient Fun on Acid?

8. Help!I'maRock!

Help!I'maRock! Member

To me, the most important thing to note about EHX is their willingness to push the envelope and be weird. The Freeze/SE/SE+, Attack Decay, Blurst, 9 series pedals, Ravish Sitar, etc. Even the Tri Parallel Mixer is weird. I don't like everything they do. But there's some crazy stuff in the line many other companies won't go anywhere near.

Jerome, Vhailor, monty and 4 others like this.
  9. louisnd

louisnd Member

I tried to replace my Soul Food but I ran back to the store to get it back. My first gain stage, love it.
    I got the Ram's Head Reissue when it came out. Big Gilmour fan here: I love how it can do a nice fuzzy sound on low gain. I think it its worth playing with the volume knob for best results.
    I already had the Green Russian, and I really like a lot, more articulated than the Ram's Head, so I just moved it in my signal chain.

I'm really interested in the Cathedral and the Deluxe Memory Man or Boy as my next purchase.
    They do really good products in my mind, some better than the others, at a wide price range.

Love EHX

monty likes this.
  10. k tone

k tone Member

Deluxe Mem Boy, Toy, Small Stone (big and small box), Soul Food, different variants of Muff. All faves.

11. paulitk

paulitk Member

I’ve bought a couple EHX lemons, but man, the Russian Muff, the Op amp Muff, and the Bad Stone are amazing. Really enjoyed the Soul Food and the big box Holy Grail too. I will own an original Memory Man one day.

12. Junco Partner

Junco Partner Member

Well, I’ve had quite a few and never had a problem. So...

13. Junco Partner

Junco Partner Member

So you can attach a little voltage starve dongle and have a bit of fun!

14. RolandKorg

RolandKorg Member

I just got a big box Big Muff Pi/NYC—really happy with it, except i wish the Little Big Muff came in the same case aesthetic, just smaller.

Overall, i'm not sure how i feel about EHX. The pricepoints are good, but aside from the old/vintage stuff, the aesthetics tend to be corny as all getout. Just sad. There are definitely a lot of their pedals i just won't buy—except as a last resort—just because i don't want 'ugly' on my board.

15. Junco Partner

Junco Partner Member

I’m a huge EHX fan. If I had to sell off 90% of my pedals, Small Stone and Hot Tubes will stay. Small Clone is one of the best choruses out there. Not to mention the humble LPB-1 as a solid boost. And the Double Muff as a kickass overdrive. And if we’re including their vintage stuff? Big Muff, DMM and Electric Mistress might as well have their own religions. Mike Matthews is probably more influential in the music world than most musicians, his contributions are the stuff of legend. That build quality though... well, nobody’s perfect.

16. Kev O)))

Kev O))) Member

Great ideas and pedals across the board. Although part of me wishes that they would have stayed with the larger, stamped metal pedal format and not be like everyone else now.

17. oansun

oansun Supporting Member

so what?

18. Aslan

Aslan Silver Supporting Member

I own a Klon Centaur but often take a EHX Soul Food with me if I'm concerned that the place we're playing doesn't have enough security. I find that the Soul Food is so close that my bandmates can't tell the difference. EHX really makes nice effects that are affordable for gigging musicians.

monty likes this.
  19. ry-guy

ry-guy Member

Had the Soul Food. Currently have the DMM, and Deluxe Sovtek Big muff. Those two are my favorite. Never really bonded with some of their other muff offerings, had the NYC, LIttle Big Muff, and Triangle but this is the best.

that said, any mod pedals i had from them seemed to be noisy in my rig, so hit or miss i guess

20. MikeMcK

MikeMcK Silver Supporting Member

I've been impressed by the last couple of EHX pedals I bought... one (Soul Food) was briefly a TGP-recommended pedal and the other (Crayon) was just what I found when I went to the store and checked out several pedals looking for a non-TS OD. I don't think this one ever caught on here, but I like it. I should point out that when I went out looking for an OD, I was ready to part with up to $200 for the right pedal, so I got off cheap.

Vhailor and monty like this.