Shredder with maple neck?

EvilNat

Silver Supporting Member
Any recommendations for a shredder with a maple neck, Floyd Rose(or similar) locking Trem, and humbuckers under $1k?

The new EVH striped series seem like a novelty, I also know of the Charvel San dimas, any other recommendations?

EvilNat

Silver Supporting Member
Can't stand the RG style body, had a 570 for years.. Edges are way too hard

Matt L

Doesn't need to be new
Ah, well now we're talking!

You can score a nice vintage '80s Kramer American or Kramer Focus (made by ESP in Japan) for under $1000 all day. Maple necks are a little tougher to find, but they're out there. I sold this 1986 Pacer Imperial for $500 recently-

A Fender HM Strat might be another good choice. Prices vary, but there are deals to be had-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FENDER-HEAV...E-/121384462309?pt=Guitar&hash=item1c4313e7e5

Oh, and Peavey EVH Wolfgangs!!!

EvilNat

Silver Supporting Member
Are the new Kramer pacers any good? $350 new seems like some corners may have been cut

All the Wolfgang's I have seen go for over $1000

Matt L

Are the new Kramer pacers any good? $350 new seems like some corners may have been cut

All the Wolfgang's I have seen go for over $1000
The Pacer Vintage is the better one. It has Seymour Duncans and other upgrades. The Pacer Classic is the bargain job around $300 or so. I'd skip that one, probably.

Search "Peavey Wolfgang" on eBay.....there are USA models selling for $800-1000. The Special sells for $500-600. The new imports are in that ballpark, too.

dangeroso

Silver Supporting Member
I have one of the new MIM Charvel San Dimas guitars and it is awesome. Fits all your criteria, sounds and plays great. Love the quartersawn neck.

cj_wattage

I have an Ibanez 700DX that I bought new in high school. That thing is a total shred machine, and it's maple neck and board. Here's a catalog pic:

s2y

I'd agree a Kramer Pacer Imperial could be a cheap and solid shredder. Maple fretboards aren't horribly common with Kramers.

EvilNat

Silver Supporting Member
Prefer a maple neck..

What kind of strat is that budda?

I think I would prefer something different with 2 humbuckers.

I

Fu Schnickens

Charvel "Model" series are damn good guitars. The Model 3 I had was excellent. They are made with a slight neck tilt, like Gibsons, which makes them even easier to shred. I bought mine new in '86 and sold it a couple of years ago because it sounded like 1986. Best playing guitar I ever had. ~$350 all over Craigslist.

Rick Lee

I have a Peavey Wolf Special and MIJ Charvel San Dimas for sale in the Emporial now for way under $1000. I snagged a new EVH Wolf Special for $499 at a GC blowout sale.

Trending Topics