• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Shredding and sweep picking in '73

michael.e

Silver Supporting Member
Oh, and they must have sounded horrible with no IEM's, Low wattage amps or drum shields......:boxer

Bankston

That was just flat out weird.

I've seen footage of Chet Atkins sweep picking arpeggios long before Yngwie.

blownirocz

Suppoutin' Memba Sinss Dem Oud Dayz...
Gold Supporting Member
Holy cow, what a coincidence Michael! Out of the blue, my drummer showed me this exact video the other night. I had never heard of these guys before then.

There's definitely a ton of talent there, and they certainly express it creatively. ;) Wouldn't mind havin' some of that gear either.

Rotten

Gold Supporting Member
Awesommme! Thanks for posting. Even in 1973, progressive rock could be fun.

M

Member 995

What guitar was he playing?

I'm more familiar with Gary Hoey's cover of this tune. Fun to hear a live version of the original.

lhallam

Platinum Supporting Member
First rock band I ever heard play a fugue, I don't recall which release it was on.

Very talented bunch.

Rama

That was fantastic.

I loved Moving Waves when it came out and still listen to it often..the other stuff from that album is great. Deeply moving spiritually uplifting music.

Hocus Pocus I never actually liked that much but I do love the over the top manic energy of that performance...and I never thought the yodeling was weird at all. Terrific if you actually listen to it with and open ear.

guitarist58

I wore out the 45 I had of Hocus Pocus :D Weren't they playing that faster than the studio version?

Thanks for posting it! :)

Trending Topics