SIB Cuda Tube Distortion

ruger9

A full-voltage 12AX7 OD pedal, and no one on TGP cares?!?! I know SIB has been less-than-consistent with releasing product to the buying public, but their product has always been top-notch...

I just bought a NEW Nick Nitro myself, and if I had the cash, I'd have bought a 'Cuda as well...

Grant Ferstat

Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place...
A full-voltage 12AX7 OD pedal, and no one on TGP cares?!?! I know SIB has been less-than-consistent with releasing product to the buying public, but their product has always been top-notch...

I just bought a NEW Nick Nitro myself, and if I had the cash, I'd have bought a 'Cuda as well...
I care. I've been talking to Brian from SIB about the new stuff for a while. I'm getting myself a CUDA for sure.

ruger9

I can see YOU care... lol Just a little surprised... SIB stuff is AWESOME, and I'm just a little shocked TGP isn't "on" it... like I said, it's probably because of Brian's inconsistent release of product to actually purchase. It's a shame... I don't know the SIB "story", but his stuff has always been some of the best... he should rightfully be up there with all the boutiquers....

Red EchoDrive- the ONLY pedal I regret selling....

Grant Ferstat

I can see YOU care... lol Just a little surprised... SIB stuff is AWESOME, and I'm just a little shocked TGP isn't "on" it... like I said, it's probably because of Brian's inconsistent release of product to actually purchase. It's a shame... I don't know the SIB "story", but his stuff has always been some of the best... he should rightfully be up there with all the boutiquers....

Red EchoDrive- the ONLY pedal I regret selling....
Actually Brian has only been involved for a while. The original guy and designer I think is Rick Hamel. Rockett are now handling all the distribution.

ruger9

Actually Brian has only been involved for a while. The original guy and designer I think is Rick Hamel. Rockett are now handling all the distribution.
Right. My bad. Brian is Supersound music? (he's always championed Rick's stuff).... I bought my 2nd Varidrive from him... limited neon green edition...

I've exchanged emails with Rick, regarding tweaks to the Echodrive Red.

Grant Ferstat

Right. My bad. Brian is Supersound music? (he's always championed Rick's stuff).... I bought my 2nd Varidrive from him... limited neon green edition...

I've exchanged emails with Rick, regarding tweaks to the Echodrive Red.
Yeah Rick's very much the main guy I think, and yep Brian is Supersound Brian. Lovely guy and I've always got great service from him from very far away!

I'm hoping that when Aussie distribution gets sorted I can run some Tour Boxes for them down here same as I have for BearFoot and am also going to do for Black Cat.

Seegs

I find the latest generation of Toyz videos overly bright...hard for me to get excited about listening to them...playing is fine but they can get almost painful for me...

Hard to know if I would like that pedal based on that demo...

Chow,
Seegs

Grant Ferstat

I find the latest generation of Toyz videos overly bright...hard for me to get excited about listening to them...playing is fine but they can get almost painful for me...

Hard to know if I would like that pedal based on that demo...

Chow,
Seegs
There is another demo on YouTube that sounds much better Seegs. I'll find it and post it when I'm not on my phone..

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse typos

EDIT:- ok here 'tis..

Last edited:

Veritas

Gold Supporting Member
^ That video sounds much better than the Musictoyz demo. I dearly miss my old Varidrive!

tedwoods

A full-voltage 12AX7 OD pedal, and no one on TGP cares?!?! I know SIB has been less-than-consistent with releasing product to the buying public, but their product has always been top-notch... I just bought a NEW Nick Nitro myself, and if I had the cash, I'd have bought a 'Cuda as well...
Kingsley Page or Harlot cost the same, look much sturdier and they are hand wired to boot. I think they sound better too (based on the clips).

Grant Ferstat

Kingsley Page or Harlot cost the same, look much sturdier and they are hand wired to boot. I think they sound better too (based on the clips).
Kingsley stuff is great but I think the Cuda has some good stuff going for it. Firstly there are both bass & treble controls. The Harlot if I'm not mistaken is basically one channel of a Jouster. I had a Jouster and found even with the mode switches the single tone control was a bit limiting. I love bass and treble controls myself. I like to be able to tighten the bass a little at higher gain settings if required or match the bottom end content to whatever I'm playing through on lower gain settings for full range rhythmy tones.

I'm gonna give one a try. Really it's the only way...

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse typos

uberdave

Silver Supporting Member
Yes SIB are great pedals. They interact well with other pedals and amps.
I own a older Nick Nitro and an even older Varidrive. I need to go back and play'em right
now... too bad neighbors! Thanks to Rick and Brian.

Grant Ferstat

My custom shop Silver Sparkle Cuda should be with me soon. Really looking forward to it.

Trending Topics