SiB Echodrive 4 Teaser!

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by SiB Electronics, May 1, 2015.

1. SiB Electronics

SiB Electronics Member

Well after years and years of waiting, we're making some progress. Introducing the 2015 SiB Echodrive 4 !!! This is a mockup, however this is what we've settled on and what it will be.

Same amazing Echodrive Tube Driven delay tone but with new features. All new features are off to the side of the original circuit. So again, no change to the tone just new features. New features include

1.) Multi-Tap transformer for worldwide use. Quick connect easy conversion to select between 100v, 120v, 220/240v on the internal transformer.

2.) Spill switch. Essentially the mod we've done for some, most notably Noel Gallagher that allows for the delay to trail off after it's been bypassed. Spillover Effect so we labeled the button SPILL. Thus user can choose between True Bypass or SPILL Bypass. In addition this allows for your dry signal to always be running through the Tube and enhancing tone. So with SPILL engaged if wanted one could boost their signal, warm things up with the Echodrive without having delay activated too.

3.) Drone Knob / Footswitch. Drone add's extra repeats depending on where the control is set. It is on a Momentary switch, when depressed it gives the user the ability to infinitely repeat if desired, self oscillate if desired for as long as one wants. Once the footswitch is released it goes back to normal operation.

A limited edition 25pc run is scheduled for delivery in 6-10 weeks. These will be handwired by myself and Rick. They will also be finished in a Red Metallic Finish. Following about 1-2 months thereafter production models will be available in the standard Fire Engine Red finish.

Further details coming soon in regards to pricing / ordering! Feel free to comment and question.

[​IMG]

fyrwyr likes this.
  2. 1radicalron

1radicalron Member

As the owner of an original Echodrive = Me Want!

3. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Being able to use it as a preamp ala the SDD300 and the EP3 is a killer idea! I may have to add a 3rd Echodrive to the collection. Is the CV input still straight resistance, or is it a true CV now? What would it take to add the spill mod (doesn't need to be switchable, I'd leave it on) to a Blue or Red Echodrive?

4. SiB Electronics

SiB Electronics Member

In the spirit of cheap trick .... "I waaaant yoouuuu to want one" :rockin
    I'm gonna have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the night. HA!

5. SiB Electronics

SiB Electronics Member

Hey Bob, we thought that would be invaluable too. Somewhat surprised we didn't think of that earlier allowing for it to act as a preamp. HA!

CV input yes still straight resistance. We can add the spill mod to any existing Echodrive. If you want to do the mod yourself it is possible but a little complicated to explain. Probably better if you sent it to us for the Mod. We would charge $75 including return shipping. Same price we charge for routine non-warranty servicing on our Tube pedals. All parts prices would be inclusive. This would include a new footswitch which we replace routinely during any servicing even if the switch in your pedal is good. Just to be safe since Footswitches are always the first thing to go bad even if good quality. So while we're in there servicing might as well put the freshest switch we can.

Not possible though (and I know you mentioned you don't need it) to add the Spill Switch. We can do the Spill Mod but really not feasible whatsoever to also do the Spill Switch on any previous version Echodrive. Just wanted to mention this in case others inquire about the Spill Mod.

6. flantrax

flantrax Supporting Member

Looks awesome...always wanted one of your DDLs...glad they're back(soon)

7. wichita

wichita Supporting Member

Well I had one of the first Echodrives and I want one of these for sure.
    Rick modded my original to have a echo volume real time controller... that is very useful for me.

8. SiB Electronics

SiB Electronics Member

Hey Lance, I'm working here with Rick today and we were just discussing your mod. He doesn't remember that one exactly. Must have been from a long, long time ago. HA! He was saying probably did that mod when he was living in St. Louis which was heck about 13 years ago.

9. wichita

wichita Supporting Member

Instead of having the jack control repeats mine controlled delay volume.
    That was much more useful for me.
    Tell Rick I still have a thing called the lanceomatic that he built for me that I still use.

10. SiB Electronics

SiB Electronics Member

His alzheimer's is in full effect today. He doesn't remember that one either. :jo

I'd smack him except he's really focused on finishing the drawing for the circuit board on these right now. He's staring at the computer screen with veins popping out of his forehead.

11. Blunder

Blunder Supporting Member

Awesome!

I have both Echodrives and still want one of these.

12. SiB Electronics

SiB Electronics Member

Well heck we might end up doing some trading. I've always especially loved Catalinbread's Tremolos!

fyrwyr likes this.
  13. Csapo

Csapo Gold Supporting Member

Subscribed!!!

I've been lusting for one for a while. I'm psyched!!!

14. SiB Electronics

SiB Electronics Member

Thanks for subscribing! More to come soon! :aok

15. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

Nice! Not a fan of red but as they say, you don't play the paint.

16. SiB Electronics

SiB Electronics Member

Funny you mention that, lately I'm all about gear that is finished in colors I don't normally like. I'm on this kick lately with Pink Gear. HA! So we plan to build my Echodrive 4 that I'll keep for myself finished in light Pink with White Knobs. It'll be so pretty! :p

enharmonic likes this.
  17. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

The Paradoilia, into the Red Echodrive, into a BF Fender amp gives you ALMOST a blonde amp with tremolo and tape echo!

18. Turnipfarmer

Turnipfarmer Member

Any chance of a Purple Echodrive?

19. Sun Creature

Sun Creature Supporting Member

20. Csapo

Csapo Gold Supporting Member

Love me some pink too!

Currently have 2 pink Teles and one pink Strat, but no pink pedals. If you happen to build 2 pinks, I'll certainly take one...