Sib Mr.vibromatic

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by spiritofeden, Mar 16, 2008.

1. spiritofeden

spiritofeden Member

I'm looking for a stand alone vibrato pedal. Found a second hand one. I'm just wondering about the quality of sound since I could not found any sample (if you hae one it'd be welcome;-) and lots of people have different opinions about it. How dose it compare to the gloriously unaffordable VB-2?

2. spiritofeden

spiritofeden Member

3. spiritofeden

spiritofeden Member

4. dbx

dbx Member

I tried it sometime back...not as "bendy" as the VB-2. Seemed closer to a phaser than vibrato, but you would really have to hear it for yourself...

5. charmboy

charmboy Member

I had one. Very similar to the vb-2 vibrato wise. The "phasey" thing can be adjusted using the vibromesh knob. At 12:00 it is just your signal plus vibrato... as you turn it to the right from 12:00 it begins to add a phase shift, with more depth the further right you go; as you go left from 12:00 it adds a slight bit of volume variance/tremolo which increases in depth the further left you go... the vibromesh is very subtle but a nice touch.

I had one of these pedals on my board for a while and really liked it. The one thing I didn't like was that there was a slight gain boost when the pedal is on. It's an extremely clean and slight boost and doesn't seem to color your tone but it does increase gain slightly. Because of the 2 speed controls and switches, I was able to leave it on at a very slow setting all the time and then just kick the other switch when I wanted faster vibrato.

I was planning on keeping it until my Aquavibe number came up but ended up trading it for a deal I couldn't pass up.

6. dbx

dbx Member

Thanks for that clarification...the "vibromesh" control, I must not have been turning it CCW enough...now we know...:BEER

7. MrMunky

MrMunky Silver Supporting Member