1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Siegmund Midnight Blues- GP Editor Pick Award. This amp any good ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by daneswede1, Aug 14, 2005.

1. daneswede1

daneswede1 Member

I recently stumbled across the Siegmund website and they build this one amp called the"Midnight BLues". I have never in my life seen an amp like this!! Really, It takes like 12 differant power tube sets.10 differant preamp tube sets- and differant rectifier tubes. It has a self adjust biasing on the back so you can actually sit there and dial in unlimited tones switching all your differant tube sets! Also has a parallel fx loop. I like the series loop but I can work with the parallel (I have a TC G Force ).

It Got the Guitar Player Editor Pick award which is why I was initially intrigued by it! ANything that gets this award I have found to be amazing( Point in fact the Bogner Uberschall which I bought -I love agressive sounding tube amps as well as vintage stuff. Anyway, This amp has some soundclips which I heard as well and they sound organic and tubey! Wonder what a Klon Centaur would sound like set to clean boost slammed into the front door of this thing?? I omly heard a couple clips and Im sure the sounds are unlimited. You can basically acquire any tone you hjear in your head out of this thing IMO. The tube sets really do make a huge differance. I am really intrigues by this amp and would like to know if any one else owns this or knows someone who does? Any inf owould help. Im not expecting any replies really to this post because this amp is rare . txc anyway and go check it out
    I just read that it also has a true bypass for the Master volume so you can get Power tube distortion settings. Also has OHM select which is important! Also the cabinet you can order have all differant setups and even a 10" and 15" with bass ports !! How cool is that! Wonder what that must sound like. on and on. To much to list! I rEALLYY want one now! Im psyched!
    www.siegmundguitars.com

2. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

one interesting thing about the MB is that one can adjust the bias on the *preamp* tubes. sounds like fun stuff!

3. daneswede1

daneswede1 Member

I saw that to. This thing has so many differant possibilites for differant tones how could you not ber intrigued!

4. thesedaze

thesedaze Member

The amp is killer, and as you said, the possibilities are endless. For a boost, I use a Missing Link...Sounds killer. I have my amp dialed in right at that breaking point of clean and breakup. The Missing Link's volume barely dialed up...the tone set accordingly. BAM instant overdrive mode.

5. smilefan

smilefan Member

Almost sounds like a combo version of the
    Emery Sound Super Baby. Similar concept.

6. jdsgilmour

jdsgilmour Suffering from chronic gearitis Gold Supporting Member

My buddy has one here in Houston (he also has the Midnight Special). Chris Siegmund's amps are amazing. Exceptional build quality, sound amazing and very versatile. I highly recommend both amps.

John

7. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Guy sold one here for $1500 recently...............I KICKED myself for not jumping all over it . Missed it by like 3 hours...........:( guess it just wasn't meant to be. Seigmund also looks like he has some GREAT guitars too. If I ever win the Lotto me and Chris are gonna be buddies...........:cool:

8. daneswede1

daneswede1 Member

Interesting you mention that Emerysound. I am thinking about buying the Stagebaby as well! LOL! Those are the two amps I am interested in. The reason I would like to own both is because they are of similiar concept except the Stagebaby has only one power one rectifier and one preamp tube and you can change the tubes at will with the Mad Scientist tube set he offers for endless options! I heard the soundclips of the stage baby and WOW! I like every sound from the differant tube combinations!The Midnight blues on the other hand can go 20-100 watts and has several tubes i.e. three and four powers I think? Also you need the kit to bias the tubes on that one. Potentiometer? I guess that is what ya call it. I am building my studio right now and would love to have both of these rigs. Right now I am in High Gain Heaven with a Bogner Uberschall and a Marshall 2203x JCM 800 reissue half stacks. The uber is stock with no pedals in the front door for obvious reasons. The Marshall is another story. I use a BOSSOD1 with a 3403d 14 prong chip and push/pull clipping mod by Analogman and a TS9 808 mod pedal that both sound just juicy like wood pulp thru my Ubercabs (got two cause I like the fact I can run my Marshall at 8 ohm impedance. A subtle yet noticeable differance coupled with the V30 n GT75 x pattern spokrs! Excellent tones. I also run a TC G Force thru bpoth heads or sometimes Ill run the Uber dry and the Marshall wet. I need a MIDI foot ocntrooler for the TC G Force tho. Just got it used from a friend who is a kind of guru of dialing the thing in. I am adding my user settings to what he dialed. Sounds unbelievable and replace all the pedals I never bought in the first place! Lol Just have a Morley Bad horsey 2 and the overdrive pedals. I want a Klon Centaur to for a clean boost . C ya guys later !

9. thesedaze

thesedaze Member

The Emery thing is just a single ended class A design w/ an octal powertube socket, so you can drop in any octal poweramp tube w/out rebias...nothing special....the preamp tube choices are completely normal 9 pins (12ax7, 12au7, 12at7, etc). That amp compares more to the Midnight Special than Midnight Blues.

As for needing some 'kit' to rebias the MB? Not at all... a digital voltage meter is all you'll need.

10. Amitar

Amitar Member

Except the Midnight Special uses 6L7 and 6N7 tubes not 12AX7's.

11. thesedaze

thesedaze Member

right, but the midnight blues can also be fitted for those preamp tubes as well (mine is)...I was speaking more of the whole amp structure.

12. Newton

Newton Member

Also balance your gain with the drive to fit any volume, it's a highly tweakable amp and still keep that vintage tone vibe. I can fine tune the amp with endless possibility without opening the amp, this is very unique and no need of an amp tech. And this is one of the best amp not to say the best amp I ever owned. You can find the magic at any volume, with any guitar, pickups and type of room. Simply amazing.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  13. magicdage

magicdage Member

This amp is perfect. I hope I can have one