Siegmund Tone: Soulajar cover of John Mayer's "Good Love Is On The Way"

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by thesedaze, Feb 12, 2008.

1. thesedaze

thesedaze Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Here's a modest, last minute recording effort from Soulajar's 3rd annual Mardi Gras festivities here in Bakersfield. I don't even know what mics were put on the rig...SDC's for sure...they ran into a firebox, into my iMac into a simple session of Garage Band....

I believe some drunk even runs into the rig at one point...sorry!

Anyhow, the guitarist, Ryan Fergon, is playing through a 60W siegmund midnight blues head w/ a 4x12 of tone tubbies and greenbacks I believe.

It's the first song on their MySpace page:
    http://www.myspace.com/soulajar

2. KCWM

KCWM Supporting Member

LOL. My impression of John Mayer was that all of his songs were like the ones that have the lyrics of "body is a wonderland" and "i want to run through the halls of my highschool". That's not a bad tune.

I do like the whole gritty strat sound...instantly recognizable. I guess that's the charm of a strat.

Oh and it DOES sound like someone runs into the rig...but fortunately, it's at the beginning, so no worries.

3. thesedaze

thesedaze Member

I had the same impression of John Mayer as well...so it's nice to hear there's a couple gems out of the bunch! I'll try to get another tune or two up of the other songs...originals.

4. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

Really like your sound, very nice. Nice vibe.