Signa Drive vs Klon(e)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Josh Jimenez, May 2, 2015.

1. Josh Jimenez

Josh Jimenez Member

Has anyone here owned and compared both? Will be used as a solo/vol boost. Thanks!

2. Josh Jimenez

Josh Jimenez Member

3. whackystrings

whackystrings Member

I found the Soul Food / Silver Pony can work in a variety of ways and the options are simple and good (3 knobs) - works very well as a boost. Signa was just too damned vanilla for me. You get a lot more volume out of a Signa, though, so you can really goose the input section of your tube amp. Signa is an excellent quality unit, I must say, just not for my tastes. For a boost, I think one can go to a simpler unit than the Signa...hell, I use a TC Mini Spark one-knobber for that!

4. Josh Jimenez

Josh Jimenez Member

Vanilla in what way? Did it take a lot of sparkle out?

5. strat6866

strat6866 Member

The Signa Drive does seem to lack it's own personality in a way as it doesn't impart any real flavour in the clean boost mode, but this is not necessarily a bad thing or a knock on the pedal at all. It's a good pedal that will work very well as a solo/clean boost but MUCH more versatile than a Klon(e) as it has a 3 way toggle and alot of gain on tap just in case. It has less mids than your typical TS type pedal and tends to be on the brighter side.