• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Signal Path Suggestions?

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Gold Supporting Member
This is my first real pedalboard. I finally rounded-up the right pedals for my needs. I thought I had a grip on the signal path I was going to use until I watched a few videos. Now I'm thinking that I'm off base. Do I loop the HOF Reverb through the H9? Buffer up front? Looper and volume pedal are last in the path.

Yes, I understand that I should rely on what I hear to guide me; that there are no hard and fast rules for getting the tone I want. But there must be some prevailing logic I can use as a starting point.

What would you do? If it helps, I run my EP Boost turned all the way down and almost never turn it off.

The only rule is to put them in the order that sounds best to you.

Also, you can eliminate the Suhr buffer because your EP boost is always on, and that will act as a buffer.

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Gold Supporting Member
The only rule is to put them in the order that sounds best to you.
I saw that comment coming a mile away - which is why I mentioned it in the 2nd paragraph of my original post. I guess I should have used bold red letters.

Also, you can eliminate the Suhr buffer because your EP boost is always on, and that will act as a buffer.
Interesting point. I will give that a listen.

BoTheMu

What do you use the h9 for?
Do you use it for anything pre-drive?

Is the ktr boost only or an od?

How do you loop? Do you just capture your sound or do you put effects after and mash it?

I saw that comment coming a mile away - which is why I mentioned it in the 2nd paragraph of my original post. I guess I should have used bold red letters.

Interesting point. I will give that a listen.
There is no rule. Especially when you've got the H9, which probably sounds great after dirt for some things and before dirt for others. Forget the hand wringing and just try stuff out. You'll get there.

Husky

I would put the volume pedal before delays and reverbs so you can swell.
You could move the Buffer around and see where it does the most good, sometimes the last thing in the chain if the EP is always on, but the Buffer is lower output impedance and will run on 18V for great headroom. Almost never turning off the EP all the way down probably means you like to have a buffer. What I would do is use the Buffer first and put the EP further down the chain before the delays and reverbs to act as a fixed solo boost. You might also want to look at the Boss switcher to make life more controllable.

This is my first real pedalboard. I finally rounded-up the right pedals for my needs. I thought I had a grip on the signal path I was going to use until I watched a few videos. Now I'm thinking that I'm off base. Do I loop the HOF Reverb through the H9? Buffer up front? Looper and volume pedal are last in the path.

Yes, I understand that I should rely on what I hear to guide me; that there are no hard and fast rules for getting the tone I want. But there must be some prevailing logic I can use as a starting point.

What would you do? If it helps, I run my EP Boost turned all the way down and almost never turn it off.

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Gold Supporting Member
What do you use the h9 for?
Delay, Chorus, Flanger.

Do you use it for anything pre-drive?
No.

Is the ktr boost only or an od?
The KTR only gets used when I kick it in the ass for a solo or a heavier song that requires some extra saturation of the preamp tubes.

How do you loop? Do you just capture your sound or do you put effects after and mash it?
I use the looper as a multi-track. My intention has been to capture the sounds I want to hear in the loop.

BoTheMu

Okay, so looper last and hof in the pre/post loop of the h9.

+1 for volume before reverb and delay.

Everything else is before in some order that makes you smile.

Trending Topics