Signature guitars you like but aren't a fan of the artist.

les_paul

I'm not a Dream Theater fan but the Music Man JP6 is a great guitar. Great tone for just about all styles plus the piezo option is awesome.

Who else has a signature guitar and isn't a fan of the artist? Cue the Les Paul guys...

Suhrtainly!

David Grissom. Not that I dislike his music, just never listened to it before purchasing his signature DGT guitar. Now, that I've heard his playing.....it’s not bad.

IAO

Definitely the EBMM Valentine. It’s aesthetically super cool. But if one was offered to me “free” on the condition that I have to listen to one Maroon 5 song per day for a year, I’m not sure I’d accept.

alfaphlex

My #1 is an Eric Johnson strat and I don't really listen to his music. Cliffs of Dover is fun every now and then and I'm sure I've heard some of his other songs randomly on spotify cuz his tone is pretty unique, but if it wasn't for that, I could never tell it was an EJ song.

I also love Annie Clark's St. Vincent. It's like an instrument right out of the Jetsons but at the same time looks classic. Her music? Don't care for it all that much. I didn't even know she existed until l saw her guitar. There are maybe one or two songs of hers I like.

R2-DD2

My #1 is an Eric Johnson strat and I don't really listen to his music. Cliffs of Dover is fun every now and then and I'm sure I've heard some of his other songs randomly on spotify cuz his tone is pretty unique, but if it wasn't for that, I could never tell it was an EJ song.

I also love Annie Clark's St. Vincent. It's like an instrument right out of the Jetsons but at the same time looks classic. Her music? Don't care for it all that much. I didn't even know she existed until l saw her guitar. There are maybe one or two songs of hers I like.
I was going to say this -- the Eric Johnson strat specs are kind of perfect. I've got nothing against the guy, but I don't listen to his music.

Stratburst70

Eric Johnson Strat - I bought Ah Via Musicom back in the day and I saw him in concert last February, but that’s about it. His signature Strat is unbelievable though.

Richie Kotzen Tele - I bought it purely for the big neck. I replaced the bridge pickup with a Hot Rails because I wanted the extra midrange ; now it’s a keeper.

David Grissom PRS - I don’t own any of his records but his PRS is a fine guitar.

mikesch

Double Platinum Member
EBMM Valentine and the Jackson Misha Mansoor sig. Nothing against Misha, he's a fine guitarist, but I really don't like Periphery. The guitar is great though.

JCW308

Silver Supporting Member
Fender Roger Waters Precision Bass. I have one, can't stand Pink Floyd. Love the bass though.

EBMM pretty much has this market cornered. And yes the Valentine leads the way. Probably unfair to the band that Maroon 5 feels like solely a vehicle for Adam Levine.

I'm also in the camp that pretty much thinks Cliffs of Dover exclusively with EJ and yet I could see getting his sig strat, particularly the Virginia, but even the lower end EJ sigs look fantastic on paper.

Trending Topics