• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Signature guitars you'd rock even if you're not a huge fan of the guitarist

Golem

Silver Supporting Member
I didn't know who Lincoln Brewster was until I heard about his signature strat. His specs are pretty much ideal for my tastes. I get the feeling that a lot of people who buy this guitar are in the same boat (i.e., they Don't/Didn't know he was but just like the specs):

• Ash body with lacquer finish
  • “Soft V”-shaped neck; 9.5”-14” compound radius fingerboard; 22 medium-jumbo frets
  • One DiMarzio Area 61 single-coil Strat bridge pickup; two DiMarzio Area 58 single-coil Strat middle and neck pickups
  • Active preamp with mid-boost
  • Vintage-style locking tuning machines
I imagine there must be other people out there buying signature guitars even when they aren't a particularly huge fan of the guitarist.

sleewell

current #1 is a KM7 and i can't say i have heard anything by Keith but its a killer guitar.

i actually have a few sig guitars but most people probably never heard of the artists. i dont buy them bc i like the artist, i buy them for the specs.

Baba

Silver Supporting Member
I have two, actually.

I have a Dave Navarro sig PRS, and a Tremonti SE that was highly upgraded.

The Navarro was only because I wanted a white Custom 24, the Tremonti because it was highly upgraded, a great deal, and, it's the only Singlecut PRS with a trem and a wide thin neck.

I know who both of them are, but I'm kinda indifferent to both.

MattChicago

current #1 is a KM7 and i can't say i have heard anything by Keith but its a killer guitar.

i actually have a few sig guitars but most people probably never heard of the artists. i dont buy them bc i like the artist, i buy them for the specs.
One of the best looking seven string models and couldn’t care less about the actual guys music!

Tony Done

My Bourgeois Martin Simpson Sig. I'm not a particular fan of MS, and would generally avoid "hero" of any kind, but this was designed specifically for that style of playing that interests me. - Slide and dropped tunings.

JohnnyBGoode

DGT PRS - I actually like his music, but I hardly listen to it, the guitar is perfect.
Tremonti PRS - would probably change pickups.
YJM Strat - this one is the most prominent example as far as my tastes go - I can't listen to Yngwie's thing for more than a minute but the guitars are really cool.

I didn't know who Lincoln Brewster was until I heard about his signature strat. His specs are pretty much ideal for my tastes. I get the feeling that a lot of people who buy this guitar are in the same boat (i.e., they Don't/Didn't know he was but just like the specs):

• Ash body with lacquer finish
  • “Soft V”-shaped neck; 9.5”-14” compound radius fingerboard; 22 medium-jumbo frets
  • One DiMarzio Area 61 single-coil Strat bridge pickup; two DiMarzio Area 58 single-coil Strat middle and neck pickups
  • Active preamp with mid-boost
  • Vintage-style locking tuning machines
I imagine there must be other people out there buying signature guitars even when they aren't a particularly huge fan of the guitarist.
While I can't say I'm not a huge fan of Andy Timmons (cuz I am), his signature model is an amazing instrument - super comfy neck, great pickups, and very well built. And because the guy has no ego, his name isn't plastered anywhere on the guitar too so no one even knows it's a sig model unless you tell 'em. This is the only sig model I own and the only one I will ever own.

Trending Topics