Signed Guitar value

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Mightyaxeman, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Mightyaxeman

Mightyaxeman Member

I have a Epi acoustic that is signed by a bunch of country acts like Books and Dunn, Pam Tillis, Steve Riply, Alan Jackson, Lee Roy Parnell, The members of Diamond Rio, Blackhawk and a bunch I can't read. It was one of several given as scholarship awards. Does anyone have a clue as to it's approximate value if any or how to determine one?

2. Faded

Faded Member

Look on Ebay, probably not much more than a normal used one would go for though. If it were the Beatles or Elvis thats one thing, but B&D and Pam Tillis just doesnt have the wow factor

3. sixty2strat

sixty2strat Member

you might have to pay a100 for someone to take it. Bought a white69 CS strat signed by Eddie Krammer with cheesy personal comment to previous owner. to sell it GC tried to remove it and still I got it for a bargin with a faded sharpie stain. That combo seems like a "classic" yet it needed to be removed to sell it

4. DRS

DRS Member

Take the new value of the guitar, take 1/3 off that, and subtract $25 per signature.

5. Mightyaxeman

Mightyaxeman Member

Awesome! Oh well it looks good hanging on my wall. Thanks for the replies.

6. straycat113

straycat113 Member

Very few signatures boost a guitars resale value, and the biggest ones that do are players that are no longer with us. More than 70% of signed guitars on Ebay are forgeries believe it or not. A lot has to go into authenticating a signature which is hard to do when buying a guitar online.I believe the names on your Epi are all authentic, but as stated I would not consider any of them rare or in the league of desirability as say a guitar signed by Hendrix, Harrison or SRV.

7. vortexxxx

vortexxxx Member

There are a lot of signatures by Les Paul. Even though he has passed away, they don't really have much value because he signed so many guitars.