Silicon fuzz that can go mellow to snarl?

I was wondering if there's a silicon fuzz face-ish pedal out there that'll get really nasty and rip your face off at extreme settings. What say you?

Mandoboy

Trombetta Mini Bone- can be subtle or hellacious, and more responsive to the volume control than anything in my experience, great stuff!!!

Hugo Da Rosa

Gold Supporting Member
Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe (Not sure if it's silicon based actually...but it sure sounds like it).

DraggAmps

I'll second the LM and Scarab Deluxe. The Pharaoh as well.

Edit: Woops, didn't notice that it had to be Fuzzface. For what it's worth, I'm listing my High Gain White Dot Sunface in the emporium today because my Scarab Deluxe and Pharaoh can get close enough to FF tones for me. They're just a little smoother and warmer. You'll probably have to get the "mellow" by rolling back you volume on a FF, because (at least to me) they sound best with fuzz full up, and of course, an Si FF won't clean up entirely like a Ge. You might not need that, though. I love the clean up on my Sunface but I want to get some free money out of for new Mesa I want. The Foxrox Hot Silicon might do what you want, there's one in the Emporium. The Lunar Module is great still.

Last edited:

charmboy

I need to talk to Greg about this 'un ... :) -E
It's really a great, super versatile fuzz face. The bias knob has a huge range so you can really get some starved voltage sputter if you dig that. When you flip the toggle switch that cuts out the lows, it really makes it seem like an overdrive that responds like a fuzzface. One of the most versatile small footprint pedals I own.

coot tone

PCE Supernova!!! Alex built me a custom one with a BC-109 trannie that does the Gary Louris thing big time!!!!

Trending Topics