Silicon Fuzz that goes from Fuzz Face to Big Muff

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by porsch8, Feb 28, 2008.

1. porsch8

porsch8 Member

Looking for a versatile sounding Silicon Fuzz that can go from fuzz face to big muff....that means gotta be versatile..

What does this?
    Thinking one of the skreddy pedals are some point can do this

2. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

might i ask why sillicon??

That's a lot of range for single fuzz to cover, but it sounds like you might want a 3-knob tonebender. I've owned Si Fuzzfaces, a big muff and a fulltone soulbender. To me the soul bender was exactly half way between the BMP and fuzzface on the tone spectrum, and could cover for both in a jam.

3. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

Isn't the Barber Trifecta aimed at this niche?

4. lifeinsong

lifeinsong Member

MJM London Fuzz 2...you can get it customized in a smaller mxr size enclosure with a bias knob that will allow you to get all the sounds you're looking for. Listen to the clips at mjmguitarfx.com

5. Pylonracer

Pylonracer Member

I cannot say enough about the Barber Trifecta! I am in Fuzz love :YinYang. I have a Big Muff that doesn't get played anymore. The Trifecta has a push pull on the tone knob that flattens the eq to more approximate a Fuzz Face.

I would be really hard if not impossible to cover both tones. I would say the Trifecta covers 99% of the BM tone(s) up to 85% of the Fuzz Face tone and EVERYTHING in-between. I am really digging this pedal; and I'm not really a pedal guy. It's also wah friendly on the bridge pup. And... SC & HB friendly as well.

6. Lampasas

Lampasas Member

Not sure if the Homebrew UFO is silicon, but I think it's supposed to do a FF to a Muff with the flick of a switch ("vintage" and "modern"). Also has an octave up. Never tried one myself, though I've been curious for a very long time.

7. auratnik

auratnik Supporting Member

UFO can't do Muff.

8. Zillie

Zillie Member

Boss FZ-3;) my favorite... cheap but good

9. slingshotmb

slingshotmb Member