• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Silk Pursing a Sows Ear (Epiphone Content)

glaswerks

Thanks for the comments.

FWIW, that was recorded direct. Guitar into Focusrite Saffire.

I am pretty happy with the guitar now. New pickups are Gibson 57 in neck and 57+ in bridge. I wanted to use Hovland caps, but my source was out of stock and ended up using 715's.

Gary

ganttmann

Darn! I woulda liked to have heard it thru one of those amps you build! I played thru one at Scott Lerner's house a while back. Sounded awfully good...

Guitar sounds nice for DI. My experience is that humbuckers usually need a variable impedance input to really sound nice going direct.

gantt

Thanks for the comments.

FWIW, that was recorded direct. Guitar into Focusrite Saffire.

I am pretty happy with the guitar now. New pickups are Gibson 57 in neck and 57+ in bridge. I wanted to use Hovland caps, but my source was out of stock and ended up using 715's.

Gary

glaswerks

Darn! I woulda liked to have heard it thru one of those amps you build! I played thru one at Scott Lerner's house a while back. Sounded awfully good...

Guitar sounds nice for DI. My experience is that humbuckers usually need a variable impedance input to really sound nice going direct.

gantt

I willl probably record it again later this week with a 100W SOD II that is in final testing.

Yeah, I was really surprised on the DI recording.

Gary

Trending Topics