1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Silver Jubilee vs Black

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by ghost driver, May 20, 2011.

1. ghost driver

ghost driver Member

I'm posting this in the tech section because I need answers from someone who's been inside. I'm looking for a 2550 Silver Jubilee which also comes in black tolex. I'm wondering if you guys know if they are exactly the same inside where it counts? Ive hurd that they were deffinatly changed by the 90's but I'm just interested in the first few years (87,88,89).
    Thanks

2. dazco

dazco Member

I believe they are the same amp. The reason being that the silver one came out on an anniversary years for marshall, and following years were black because they were not the anniversary model. Same amp tho i believe.

3. WaltC

WaltC Member

I couldn't believe how small the printed circuit boards on those suckers were compared to the size of the chassis. 2/3 the size of a jcm 800 board or less. I was shocked...<G>

4. zzmoore

zzmoore Member

.......Isn't that funny, when you open one up for the first time.?

5. ghost driver

ghost driver Member

Now you guys are scaring me. Maybe they aren't all the same inside.

6. WaltC

WaltC Member

All the ones I've opened have been pretty much the same, but I don't recall if any were in black tolex though.

the pc-board is 3x9 or 4x10. It looks like you could put six or eight of them inside the chassis. The first one shocked me some, but the guy who brought it to me to work on (it had been modded/butchered) was struck speechless <G>!

7. JerryP

JerryP Member

Same amps. The only difference were some of the early Silver Jubilees had a slightly different circuit.
    Jerry

8. ghost driver

ghost driver Member

Thanks for the replies. JerryP i've hurd the same about the early ones. Overall these seem to be very well liked by anybody who's owned them. I'm definatly looking for one.