Silver Klon Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jimbugg, Mar 15, 2015.

1. jimbugg

jimbugg Supporting Member

Were/Are all silver Klon Centaur pedals originally a shiny metallic finish, or did some come in unpolished metal casings? From looking at a couple of online ads many are duller looking than others, but I can't tell if that's from years of use or if it's actually a difference in the finish of the metal enclosure between batches.

Thanks!

2. jdel77

jdel77 Silver Supporting Member

I think they were largely an infinished sandcast enclosure. Mine has shiny and dull spots, depends on the way the light hits it I guess.

3. guitar29

guitar29 Supporting Member

I've owned 2 and I've never seen a shiny one.

4. chankgeez

chankgeez Member

Not sure exactly what you mean by "unpolished". The enclosures are sand cast aluminum. Do you mean raw aluminum as in no finish at all?

The appearance does vary slightly from batch to batch. I think there's more of a noticeable variation between the gold enclosures than the silver ones.

Yes, some pedals are also more weathered than others.

Another factor in looking at online photos is the flash and/or lighting when taking the picture. That may cause perceived differences in the finish.

So, it may be a combination of all those things. Maybe.

5. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

i had two silver centaurs. one was pristine and yes it was shiny. had been played once and never seen outside the box for a few decades. the other had been exposed to the air since the 90s - you know, being played and all - and yes the finish was more dulled.

6. SFT

SFT Member

Mine has always had a dull finish.