Silver Sky Warranty coverage? Unexpected wear????

CV-H

Ive had my silver sky since April. The volume knobs numbers are worn off and the bridge seems like it has started to rust? It's either some dirt ingrained or sweat oxidizing the metal? Has anyone else had any of these issues? Ive been playing it mainly, using it for gigs. Sweating like crazy durring the gigs lol

These should be covered by warranty ,

I mean 2200 USD and a month later this happens? I expected superior quality from PRS but was not impressred by the guitar knobs, bridge seems great expect for the rusting or maybe my mistake of somehow using my palm to dig dirt into it???

In Absentia

Oxidation isn’t ever going to be covered by any warranty. It can’t happen without the introduction of water. Meaning it happened during normal use. As for the knobs, who knows? I doubt anyone is going to approve a warranty claim for that. Maybe just buy some new knobs.

Even the Mona Lisa is falling apart. -Tyler Durden

CV-H

It just seems mad. I have 4 other american strats , a gibson es339 and two martins. Never have i seen this kind of ********. I am mainly wondering, is this is common or did i get unlucky with my silversky?

Bluplirst

Supporting Member
Ive had my silver sky since April. The volume knobs numbers are worn off and the bridge seems like it has started to rust? It's either some dirt ingrained or sweat oxidizing the metal? Has anyone else had any of these issues? Ive been playing it mainly, using it for gigs. Sweating like crazy durring the gigs lol

I mean 2200 USD and a month later this happens? I expected superior quality from PRS but was not impressred by the guitar knobs, bridge seems great expect for the rusting or maybe my mistake of somehow using my palm to dig dirt into it???
April was 4 months ago. Do you have any pics?

gazzy_burns

Gotta say that is not acceptable.

If it was gold hardware I could understand wear and tear.

Print coming off knobs is crazy...4 months in?!

As an example, I HEAVILY gigged my ex MIJ Fender P Bass. It was already in my collection for about 12 years or more, then I got in a hardcore band and played a lot of shows and played that bass all the time.

Apart from VERY minor wear on the bass (one guy knocked a paint ding in it when the bass was 6 months or so old) the bass was in amazing condition when I sold it on.

Once, a screw came out of one of the bridge pieces....I found it on the practice room floor. Oh, and my drummer accidentally ran over the bass in its hardcase and the bass didn't have a mark on it!

I really look after my gear, despite the story above. It was my old bass and I really hammered it because I had much more expensive ones that were only used at bigger shows etc and recording.

The hardware did not tarnish once. I sweated like crazy at some gigs.

You need to flag this with PRS immediately and ask for it to be inspected by a dealer.

T92780

Silver Supporting Member

Classic... when asking yourself "warranty", please read your post again and again.

PS. My count has guitar at 4-months old, but perhaps since April starts with "A" and in August, that equates to only one (1) month.

Last edited:

T92780

Silver Supporting Member
Have you seen a doctor about your paint peeling sweat?

;)
He should be grateful that PRS didn't do a Fender vintage correct finish on body. as his would look like SRV's #1 in just 4-months.

Johnny21

Supporting Member
My brand new car gets dirty inside and out when I use it.

This is ridiculous, I mean the car is $60,000 USD and this happens after a week of driving?

I can't believe it, I expected superior quality but I was not impressed how dirty it got when I drove it in the rain. Maybe my mistake of somehow driving it???

I dunno about you guys, but the car is brand new so all the cleaning and detailing should also be covered under warranty. What do you all think????

Trending Topics