Silver Sky Warranty coverage? Unexpected wear????

CanuckChris

Maybe he’s not a paying member. If you’re not a paying member it is a pia to post pics.
Disagree. Lots of free sites to host pics for forums. Seven pages and the OP still hasn't posted pics, but is following/posting here. Guess it doesn't matter much now, but we're all curious how bad this looks!

muzishun

That is weak. I have an'86 squier I used to douse with my (previously) highly acid string destroying sweat that fared much better through a decade of heavy play.

Faded

Ive had my silver sky since April. The volume knobs numbers are worn off and the bridge seems like it has started to rust? It's either some dirt ingrained or sweat oxidizing the metal? Has anyone else had any of these issues? Ive been playing it mainly, using it for gigs. Sweating like crazy durring the gigs lol

These should be covered by warranty ,

I mean 2200 USD and a month later this happens? I expected superior quality from PRS but was not impressred by the guitar knobs, bridge seems great expect for the rusting or maybe my mistake of somehow using my palm to dig dirt into it???
LoL, no those arent warranty items.

David B

Silver Supporting Member
Do people actually look at the numbers on their guitar knobs when turning them?

It helps sometimes, that magic spot on the volume knob when you are playing into a Fuzz Face and you want that "slightly bright almost clean sound", it's a hair trigger, so having a visual cue is nice to get it spot on before you strike that chord that needs to sound clean, and not too dark. Plenty of guitar knobs don't have markings (tele), but plenty of guys use the set screw to get a visual on those. It can be nice to have something as an indicator of knob position.

Is there a picture of the knob wear?

Da Geezer

Supporting Member
Disagree. Lots of free sites to host pics for forums. Seven pages and the OP still hasn't posted pics, but is following/posting here. Guess it doesn't matter much now, but we're all curious how bad this looks!
Yep....Imgur is just one super easy and free way to go, there are tons more....

Look...I’m an old guy, and I can do it, so I know you young bucks can figure it out if you really apply yourselves :rolleyes:

hunter

Supporting Member
Yep....Imgur is just one super easy and free way to go, there are tons more....

Look...I’m an old guy, and I can do it, so I know you young bucks can figure it out if you really apply yourselves :rolleyes:
Yes. When dropbox gave up the hosting ghost on me, I switched to Imgur without too much trouble. Still can't get the drag and drop photo loader to work but browse and select gets me there fine. Click on the picture, pick the posting option that best suits your objective, copy the link directly into a post and it is done. Of course they may be stealing all of my info off my hard drive but so far that hasn't seemed to be a problem. Joking on that last part.

hunter

rabbuhl

It's normal wear, and isn't covered by warranty. You've been gigging it for 4 months, and in your words, "sweating like crazy" on it...it's going to show wear if you use it.
It's a new type of self-relicing invented by PRS for this guitar. Within a year it will look vintage like an early 60s Stratocaster.

Ive had my silver sky since April. The volume knobs numbers are worn off and the bridge seems like it has started to rust? It's either some dirt ingrained or sweat oxidizing the metal? Has anyone else had any of these issues? Ive been playing it mainly, using it for gigs. Sweating like crazy durring the gigs lol

These should be covered by warranty ,

I mean 2200 USD and a month later this happens? I expected superior quality from PRS but was not impressred by the guitar knobs, bridge seems great expect for the rusting or maybe my mistake of somehow using my palm to dig dirt into it???
LOL now this is a TGP thread if I ever saw one. All the hallmarks - ridiculous expectations, user error, an inability to take care of expensive gear once purchased, an inability to do math...it's all here folks!

Ugly Bunny

Ps I love the guitar , best strat I have played . Just wanted to see if this was normal. Not many suhrs in my area so hard to play one
Just FYI my SS has more rust on the bridge than yours :p ...not that it’s a competition lol

tildeslash

Supporting Member
No need to post pics.
I will now use my imagination.
Holy **** - you're complaining about nothing.
It looks brand new.
Are you sure you're looking at the right guitar?

BillyMBadass

I’ve had my Silver Sky since Feb and my volume knob faded in the first month. I emailed PRS. They sent me 2 sets of knobs. Put the new set on about 3 weeks ago.. fading off again. I got the impression PRS knew about this. Seems weird they havent fixed them. I personally think the only way that they can be fixed is if the numbers are etched into the knobs like a strat. They actually get more defined as the years go by. I think this is just part of the deal. It’s a design flaw but pretty minor considering how amazing the guitar plays/sounds/feels.
Email PRS. They will probably send you more that will also wear out quickly. I took my old ones and stuck them on a $100 guitar. Perfection!

MisterBoh

I hope you paid with Paypal. PP allows a 180-day no questions asked return. You're still within the six-month Paypal return period.

Return it, get your money back and take up knitting instead.
Just don't use metal knitting needles with that alien sweat of yours!

Trending Topics