Silver Sky Warranty coverage? Unexpected wear????

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by CV-H, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

Do people actually look at the numbers on their guitar knobs when turning them?

CanuckChris likes this.
  2. CanuckChris

CanuckChris Supporting Member

Disagree. Lots of free sites to host pics for forums. Seven pages and the OP still hasn't posted pics, but is following/posting here. Guess it doesn't matter much now, but we're all curious how bad this looks!

3. muzishun

muzishun Member

That is weak. I have an'86 squier I used to douse with my (previously) highly acid string destroying sweat that fared much better through a decade of heavy play.

4. Faded

Faded Supporting Member

LoL, no those arent warranty items.

5. David B

David B Silver Supporting Member

It helps sometimes, that magic spot on the volume knob when you are playing into a Fuzz Face and you want that "slightly bright almost clean sound", it's a hair trigger, so having a visual cue is nice to get it spot on before you strike that chord that needs to sound clean, and not too dark. Plenty of guitar knobs don't have markings (tele), but plenty of guys use the set screw to get a visual on those. It can be nice to have something as an indicator of knob position.

Is there a picture of the knob wear?

6. Da Geezer

Da Geezer Supporting Member

Yep....Imgur is just one super easy and free way to go, there are tons more....

Look...I’m an old guy, and I can do it, so I know you young bucks can figure it out if you really apply yourselves :rolleyes:

7. hunter

hunter Supporting Member

Yes. When dropbox gave up the hosting ghost on me, I switched to Imgur without too much trouble. Still can't get the drag and drop photo loader to work but browse and select gets me there fine. Click on the picture, pick the posting option that best suits your objective, copy the link directly into a post and it is done. Of course they may be stealing all of my info off my hard drive but so far that hasn't seemed to be a problem. Joking on that last part.

hunter

8. MkIII Renegade

MkIII Renegade Member

25+ :facepalm

Damn you, Mayer!!! :mob

JS-29 likes this.
  9. rabbuhl

rabbuhl Member

It's a new type of self-relicing invented by PRS for this guitar. Within a year it will look vintage like an early 60s Stratocaster.

10. Otter359

Otter359 Supporting Member

It's against the rules for him to post a pic of his knob.

MisterBoh and donnievaz like this.
  11. customguitars87

customguitars87 Member

LOL now this is a TGP thread if I ever saw one. All the hallmarks - ridiculous expectations, user error, an inability to take care of expensive gear once purchased, an inability to do math...it's all here folks!

flysky578, CV-H and T92780 like this.
  12. Johnny21

Johnny21 Supporting Member

Post some pics already OP

13. Ugly Bunny

Ugly Bunny Supporting Member

Just FYI my SS has more rust on the bridge than yours :p ...not that it’s a competition lol

14. tildeslash

tildeslash Supporting Member

No need to post pics.
    I will now use my imagination.
    Holy **** - you're complaining about nothing.
    It looks brand new.
    Are you sure you're looking at the right guitar?

flysky578 likes this.
  15. BillyMBadass

BillyMBadass Member

I’ve had my Silver Sky since Feb and my volume knob faded in the first month. I emailed PRS. They sent me 2 sets of knobs. Put the new set on about 3 weeks ago.. fading off again. I got the impression PRS knew about this. Seems weird they havent fixed them. I personally think the only way that they can be fixed is if the numbers are etched into the knobs like a strat. They actually get more defined as the years go by. I think this is just part of the deal. It’s a design flaw but pretty minor considering how amazing the guitar plays/sounds/feels.
    Email PRS. They will probably send you more that will also wear out quickly. I took my old ones and stuck them on a $100 guitar. Perfection!

16. MisterBoh

MisterBoh Member

Just don't use metal knitting needles with that alien sweat of yours!