1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Silverface Vibrolux Reverb year??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jtindle, Dec 21, 2009.

1. jtindle

jtindle Member

I was just in the Amp emporium and reading about what the owner says is a 72-73 VR and there is some dispute about the year. I have what I thought was a 71 VR after spending 4 or 5 hours awhile back searching the net. On this thread someone stated that the 3 prong receptacle on the back and the faceplate just saying Vibrolux Reverb without "amp" dates it to 73.

Anyone know specifics on these 2 issues, 3 prong plug and the "amp" on the faceplate?

Thanks

Jeff

2. JlMMY

JlMMY Member

I am not sure but I think the word AMP was dropped from the faceplate in 1969-70

might look at http://www.ampwares.com/ for some additional information.

The transformer and speaker codes are also helpful.

And finally, here is a page that will give you Fender dating information.

http://www.svvintageamps.com/dating.php

3. guitarman_1

guitarman_1 Silver Supporting Member

That amp is mine, and the tranny codes all date to 72, the speakers are original to the amp and date early 73. So its a 73 for all practical purposes, as the date it gets assembled totally is the production year.
    I called it a 72/73 as it was sold to me years ago as a 72 by a reputable dealer.Not meaning to comfuse anyone. Either way, its the same circuit, and collectible value in 72/73.

4. JJman

JJman Member

My '71 came with the word "Amp" and a 2 prong setup.