Silverfaced vibrolux for a DRRI???

Tuberattler

In a heartbeat, all pro's no con's... if there was one it would be the SFVR may need some maintenance or service but totally worth it!

Mcclassic

Would not even think about it... great amps, the DRRI you can get them anytime... pros, great sound, great tone and a great vintage amp, the cons... may need new tubes and caps and some service... still great trade...

TD_Madden

KotWF
Platinum Supporting Member
I owned a '78 VR and REALLY liked it....if I still had it I'd consider a new Mojo pine cab for it; that pressed-wood original cab is heavy, and not as resonant.

Of course, that's pricey and is NOT necessary for the VR to sound great!

Axis29

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, wouldn't even think twice about it.

The Vibrolux is a better gig amp, can stand up next to loud drummers, where the DRRI will struggle (ask me how I know). The DRRi is a great amp, don't get me wrong, I loved mine. It was pure rock and roll, or country or blues... it had a great snarl and it was loud at practice and such, but the minute I did na outdoor gig, I was kinda fighting it a bit...

The Vibrolux, not so much.

I sold off my DRRI earlier this year and replaced it with a '63 Vibroverb Reissue. I love that amp and don't see giving it up as my main #1 any time soon. However, i had the opportunity to pick up a '69 Vibrolux and didn't have to think about it for more than about a split second. I know this particular amp and know it won't need anything any time soon. It's been well cared for and not played a lot since it's last service. But, I also know how good the darn thing sounds! That's enough for me.

Vibroluxes and the other 2x10 35-40 watt Fender amps are probably my favorite amps out there. They fit well, the 2x10 setup is good for guitar and sits good in a mix. They can be loud in small rooms, but they don't struggle in larger venues.

The Vibrolux (BF/SF) breaks up nicely as well.

Plus the VR is probably worth two and a half to three times what the DRRi is worth on the used market.

So, uh yeah, go for the trade and don't look back.

Mike H

Gold Supporting Member
That would be a no brainer for me if the trade was even.
I'd snap up the Vibrolux.

Madison

^Looks pretty unanimous. I'll throw in too, as I've owned 2 DRRI's and currently have SFDR and SFVR. The SFVR is a fantastic amp, if you are offered a trade you should consider. Not writing off the DRRI, it's a fine gig worthy amp...but play it beside the Vibrolux and see what you think. Personally I would take the offer. Even at low volume the 'lux will give you shades of SRV & Buchanan!

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Oh wait. I read that wrong.

Yes, take the vibrolux. Screw the Deluxe.
Vibrolux Reverb is the BEST AMP FENDER EVER MADE IMO.

More Coffee....Deluxe's are dime a dozen for sure.

motis1953

I'll also chime in and call this one no brainer. Have it serviced though if it needs it. This is key.

Madison

Oh wait. I read that wrong.

Yes, take the vibrolux. Screw the Deluxe.
Vibrolux Reverb is the BEST AMP FENDER EVER MADE IMO.

More Coffee....Deluxe's are dime a dozen for sure.
I saw that Mike, but I knew what you meant!

Kyle BD

Fair enough gents!! I'll defintally go for it :) if I have to kick in a few buck too say $100 still go for it??

Trending Topics