SilverKiss Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guitarman1956, Jun 12, 2008.

1. guitarman1956

guitarman1956 Supporting Member

What's the difference between the MK 1 and the MK 2?

Thanks

2. erksin

erksin Member

Mk.1 is brighter and more aggressive, essentially.

3. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

+1 on this - It seems that there is a trade off in this pedal between presence and noise - the MK II is much more polite than the earlier model or the protos, which to me makes it a much more commonplace OD pedal. After going through 4 different protos I found one that strikes a great balance between retaining the essentially aggressive nature of this pedal and keeping the noise floor to a managable level (I think it is proto #38). It seems to me there was a lot of experimentation with this pedal, but all the different versions of it are killer.

4. seiko

seiko Member

I have No 15, which I assume is a mark I, and can be dailed to be really toothy and aggressive. Basically I keep the treble at 9 o clock, the middle at 1 or 1.30, bass is usually 3 o'clock (depending on the room), gain dependent on backline.

I find it pretty great for getting a dirty chord sound that has enough bass without turning into mush in a noisy two guitar band. You can then boost it with just about any mosfet-based booster for a lead sound or use a more trad TS style pedal after it for lead. And that's just one application...

5. guitarman1956

guitarman1956 Supporting Member