Similar acts to Vintage Trouble? Rock 'n roll / soul

Emiel

My coverband recently changed from rock/pop covers to more rock 'n roll, soul which suits us much better. Big guitar riffs, aggressive, swinging and catchy. We love the contemporay act Vintage Trouble, but have trouble finding similar groups. Any ideas?

Heinz57Pep

JC Brooks and the Uptown Sound out of Chicago fit that mold. Maybe more swinging and catchy than big and aggressive.

Emiel

Nope, the band called Vintage Trouble.

We're really looking for guitar based music... the guitar carrying the song. We only have a guitarist, bass player, drummer and a singer, although we'd like to have a keyboard player.

Simto

Band of Skulls, might be a bit more on the rock side, but they have some songs with a nice groove too.

Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, if you've got a female singer, check this band. They kick ass.

Some Arctic Monkeys might work. Their latest album has lots of Rn'B influences. It's like... dark disco Rn'B you only listen to after 3am when the girl you like left.

Foxboro Hot Tubs, a project some of the guys in Green Day made.. i quite like it and i think it might fit in a band like that.

Raphael Saadiq, softer version of Vintage Trouble

Jack White

Last edited:

Funky Monkey

Gold Supporting Member
Recent favorite is the 2012 Simo album.
Weed through the Doyle Bramhall II catalog. And, seriously, Meshell Ndegeocello.
There are some Afghan Whigs/Twilight Singers tunes that are very soulful despite their generally harder edge.
Modoc is a little more twangy (for lack of a more fitting label) but they're nice.
Of course, there are also some Black Crowes/Marc Ford/Cry of Love songs that would fit what you're talking about.

pitbull45

The Dirtbombs - RnR, Soul, Punk, Psych, Surf

Barrence Whitfield & the Savages

Last edited:

Emiel

Thanks for all the suggestions! There is sure some potential material to be included. I'll browse through it all during the weekend. Cheers!

DaveKS

Check out some of Joe Camilleri's projects from the last 25yr. I can never get enough of his projects like the The Black Sorrows, The Revelators, Bakelite Radio.

Drunk Monkeys, heck yea.

Know you AU guys know where he's coming from but seems like to most of rest of world he's a best kept secret.

Check out The Black Sorrows -Beat Club and Crooked Liitle Thoughts and The Revelators two releases for some awesome tracks. His whole catalog is full of gems.

"New Craze" off Beat Club is just what you ordered. The Revelators self titled release full of soul driven tracks. "Last One Standing For Ya" from Lucky Charm.

Last edited:

Trending Topics