• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Similar Clean to an Orange RV50?

theroan

I played an Orange rockerverb 50 recently and I have to say, it was one of the best cleans I've heard in a while. Really clean, lush, huge reverb. I wasn't too thrilled with the overdrive channel though.

Anyone know of an amp with a similar clean channel, reverb and all?

buckwild

Platinum Supporting Member
I think most feel that the Orange Clean is kinda blah. I'm in that boat and that's why my Rockerverb is up for sale. Additionally, the clean channel takes pedals poorly.

buckwild

Platinum Supporting Member
I hate how all the cork-sniffers on TGP rag on the RV series cleans.
wow, now I'm a cork sniffer? Awesome! I was hoping to attain that status today. The clean channel is just a bit sterile to me and lacks the depth of say a Fender or Budda

theroan

I found the reverb on it added a lot of depth. Like you could do an ambient album with a strat, the amp and a volume pedal.

spyeman

There's always a lot of static over the RV clean channel. I don't know if its the tubes, my speakers, or what, but the clean channel sounds great, anything but sterile, but I don't doubt those who say it does to them. With a little reverb and chorus, it's outstanding. I have been on a search to find which pedals work well with the clean channel - so far, the Tim/Timmy is perfect for a little hair, and the Zen, Reeza, Screwdriver are all great for leads, but the best so far is the Jetter Purple. Interesting comment on the Budda clean above, I loved the SDII18, but there's not much clean there, period, probably why they call it a rhythm channel, had great crunch, but no basic clean sound to be had. Lastly, the best part of the RV IS the dirty channel, the best one I have ever found in all the amps I've had, which are too many..............

Jazz2Punk

I think most feel that the Orange Clean is kinda blah. I'm in that boat and that's why my Rockerverb is up for sale.
I absolutely love the dirty channel on my Rockerverb but even though I've never sniffed a cork (screw top guy myself), I just haven't been able to embrace the clean channel. I don't think it's terrible just not workin' for my needs.

Mine hit CL this weekend as well...

freaksho

the RV50 was my first good tube amp. i loved the cleans but i ultimately sold it because i wanted more Marshall in the dirty channel. so instead i got a Shiva. it has very similar cleans as the RV imo - thick, decent chime, nice reverb, and huge headroom (too much for some, also called "sterile" by detractors, like the RV). Shiva also has more Marshall favored gain tones (tighter yet still very thick), though not as much gain as the RV. i'm very happy with it.

edit: this guy's videos are very representative of Shiva tones to my ear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29oeGuAmBws

buddaman71

Student of Life
Gold Supporting Member
FWIW: I think the RV50 cleans are fantastic straight up, but don't have that pushed "TGP-approved" Dr Z-style "bluez" breakup.
Clean channel is VERY clean and lush and DOES sound a bit harsh with pedals IMHO. I actually love the drive channel the best....

OrangeAD30TC

The venerable H.W.
STOP Hijacking this guys thread, seriously answer his question or start your own thread!

To the OP, sorry I have played the RV50 and cant think of an amp like it.

soulohio

i think that some don't care for the clean channel cause they break the Orange golden rule: this amp must be played loud (even clean)

also, do the V30's make good clean sound? I am starting to like the grunt they give when broken in and going for the drive...loud of course

does a compressor help the cleans? maybe some Barber action?

Trending Topics