• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Simon Jarrett - Kingsley Amplifiers

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
I have the luxury of being an hour drive away from Simon's house / workshop and just got back from dropping off my Jester for the full Ver. 2 mod update. Anyone that is familiar with Kingsley products or have interacted with Simon know that we are talking about world class hand built and designed products by an absolutely monster musician.

The "flavour of the month" pedals typically have something positive going on but it's become very clear to me that Simon's products and designs are destined to be classics. If you haven't had the chance to check out Simon's playing and products you should take a second to check out his hand built tube overdrives and Kingsley amps.

The goal of this thread (all be it coming off like a commercial) is solely to share my personal gratitude and support for Simon's top notch customer service, products and most importantly his worldclass playing! If that makes me a fan...so be it.

Thoughts, comments, observations....?

http://www.kingsleyamplifiers.com/simon_jarrett/simon_jarrett.html :drink

shayneallen

One of my first thoughts when I first heard the Jester clips on his site was "I can't tell if the pedal is that good, or if this guy is just such an amazing player that he can make anything sound amazing."

turns out.... it's both...:)

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
Completely agree and this was the very impetus for posting this thread.

Simon was kind enough to let me try out the Kingsley Bailey and I'm glad he did because it really impressed me.

http://www.kingsleyamplifiers.com/cageamp/cageamp.html

Like, I said, I know this is coming off like an infomercial but this about one guy doing it all. I feel happy to smack down some public props for dedication to quality. Old school all the way.

Dica3

Yeah the clips on the Kingsley site sound awesome, especially the amps.

Simon certainly seems to be a fantastic player

For me, the jester is hands down my favorite overdrive. It just sounds so freakin huge and the boost side is super useful, damn near perfect overall IMO, completely killed my interest in buying overdrives.

Currently saving to buy a D32 without verb and with an fx loop, only a couple grand to go :brick

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah... I got a thought... my Minstrel is en route (from Canada to NJ), and I THINK I'm going to be goin' crazy waiting for the thing!!!!

Dave

I don't own any of Simon's stuff, but I've built a few cabinets for Kingsley owners. Each time the customers wanted the grill cloth to match the amp's grill cloth, which Simon graciously provided. I know the man has better things to do than package a couple yards of cloth and ship it to America, but Simon was very cool about it every time. On the phone he was a real gentleman. Very nice guy.

mmolteratx

I just got my Minstrel yesterday. I spoke with Simon a bit on the phone when ordering and you really couldn't ask for more in customer service.

GibsonLives

I jumped on the Minstrel waitlist April 1st. (hopefully they didn't think it was an April Fool's joke, and they actually included me on the list). Seems likely I'll have my Minstrel before month's end :D
Steve

ceanat

Have to put my 2 cents worth in here. I have a Minstrel and though I don't have huge experience with heaps of pedals or indeed any other tube O/D pedal. In my book this pedal defies any superlatives I can think of. Though it may not have every tone one might be looking for it has an incredible palette of them that would give any player an opportunity to be as creative as one would like.
Add that the tones are as satisfying as I have ever heard and you have one stellar pedal. I'm sure Simons other gear would be equally great. Great job Simon!

toneboy

simon is a true gentlemen,provides the very best customer sevice.
and the man not only knows great tone,he knows how to provide it.

mad dog

Gold Supporting Member
I don't have any Kingsley pedals, but did recently trade into a Kingsley D30C 1x12 amp. Emailed Simon with a few operational questions. He could not have been more supportive or helpful. No immediate sale dollars at stake in this discussion, yet it did not matter at all. I much appreciate that kind of service and product support. And it truly does not hurt that this D30C sounds utterly beautiful.

MD

Trending Topics