• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Simple Acoustic Hymn

Bix

I'm glad you liked it. I'm a sucker for simple arrangements and vocal harmonies.

Bix

Vodman

Isn't this when John Belushi walks down the steps, grabs your guitar and smashes it against the wall? J/K

It's a very nice song and your harmonizing sounds great! A nice change of pace.:AOK

Bix

I record on a shoe string budget. I have an old Roland 8 track VS880EX, mic used is a Rode NT1, preamp is an MAudio, and the compressor is RNC. Because there's no good way to get the tracks from the Roland to PC for final editing, I go with the RCA outs from the Roland into my sound card. Then I record a final stereo track using Sound Forge. I might add some processing at this stage, but when I do I usually screw things up.

The biggest change on this particular mix was the use of Mackie HR624?? (I forget the model number) monitors. This really helped me get the EQ right. However, I still need to re-mix it as the 'lead' acoustic is too buried.

After a couple of years I have proven to myself that I don't have a gift for recording engineering, but I do have a lot of commitment when working on a project and a fairly discriminating ear. This turns out to be quite a curse! Oh well, it's just a hobby.

The Belushi reference is great! There's a country song on the radio that reminds me of that scene as well. Something about if Heaven was like a pie it'd be cherry... Now that's corny! But let's not joke about someone smashing my Taylor though!

Bix

t0neg0d

Ok... so I are a little lame when it comes to newer fenders. What is the amp? The only thing I recognize from the picture is the footswitch looks like a super champ's footswitch (they probably use it on a bunch o amps)... Soooo... what amp do you (or did you) have?

Very nice stuff btw... I enjoyed listening to all of it!

Bix

t0neg0d

The amp was a Fender Prosonic that was Fuch'd. It's the amp I recently sold. All the electric tones on the posted link are that amp.

Marcello / lhallam

Thanks for the compliment. And feel free to give it to your Mom! I actually did this for my Mother-in-law's funeral service last year. So by sharing it, I feel connected with her again.

Bix

Trending Topics