Simple Acoustic Hymn

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Bix, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Bix

Bix Member

Just wanted to post something other than the mindless wanking I did last week when selling the amp. I did this arrangement of 'In The Garden' for a family member. I like it. I hope you like it too.

Bix

http://www.funender.com/music/Mike Bixby

2. Bix

Bix Member

I'm glad you liked it. I'm a sucker for simple arrangements and vocal harmonies.

Bix

3. Vodman

Vodman Member

Isn't this when John Belushi walks down the steps, grabs your guitar and smashes it against the wall? J/K

It's a very nice song and your harmonizing sounds great! A nice change of pace.:AOK

4. Bix

Bix Member

I record on a shoe string budget. I have an old Roland 8 track VS880EX, mic used is a Rode NT1, preamp is an MAudio, and the compressor is RNC. Because there's no good way to get the tracks from the Roland to PC for final editing, I go with the RCA outs from the Roland into my sound card. Then I record a final stereo track using Sound Forge. I might add some processing at this stage, but when I do I usually screw things up.

The biggest change on this particular mix was the use of Mackie HR624?? (I forget the model number) monitors. This really helped me get the EQ right. However, I still need to re-mix it as the 'lead' acoustic is too buried.

After a couple of years I have proven to myself that I don't have a gift for recording engineering, but I do have a lot of commitment when working on a project and a fairly discriminating ear. This turns out to be quite a curse! Oh well, it's just a hobby.

The Belushi reference is great! There's a country song on the radio that reminds me of that scene as well. Something about if Heaven was like a pie it'd be cherry... Now that's corny! But let's not joke about someone smashing my Taylor though!

Bix

5. Marcello

Marcello Member

very nice, enjoyed it !

6. t0neg0d

t0neg0d Member

Ok... so I are a little lame when it comes to newer fenders. What is the amp? The only thing I recognize from the picture is the footswitch looks like a super champ's footswitch (they probably use it on a bunch o amps)... Soooo... what amp do you (or did you) have?

Very nice stuff btw... I enjoyed listening to all of it!

7. lhallam

lhallam Member

My Mom's favorite hymn. Well done.

8. Bix

Bix Member

t0neg0d

The amp was a Fender Prosonic that was Fuch'd. It's the amp I recently sold. All the electric tones on the posted link are that amp.

Marcello / lhallam

Thanks for the compliment. And feel free to give it to your Mom! I actually did this for my Mother-in-law's funeral service last year. So by sharing it, I feel connected with her again.

Bix