1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Simple amp...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by radiohead625, May 17, 2011.

1. radiohead625

radiohead625 Member

Can anyone point me to a cheaper amp (around $350) that takes pedals extremely well and can nail these tones with these pedals as well as the DRRI does? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyN614y5ar0 i was thinking maybe a peavey delta blues?
    Side question: Do you think the amp in this video is cranking or is he basically using the pedals?

2. ES330

ES330 Member

From PGS: "The overdrive was with the Lovepedal Kalamazoo and yes the Hoof for the heavier part."

A cheap amp that takes pedals well is the Laney Cub 10
    has a good clean sound of its own, and takes pedals well for the dirt
    do change the speaker

3. radiohead625

radiohead625 Member

ya i saw that on the comments but i didn't know if the amp was set a little dirty as well. The laney is only 10 watts i was thinking atleast 15-30 sorry. I wanna match it with my vox. Anyone else care to comment?

4. radiohead625

radiohead625 Member

i could really use some suggestions guys... i know this place isnt a fan of budget, but i could use the help

5. thedroid

thedroid Member

For Fender, $350, you're looking at a used HRD. The Peavey wouldn't be bad either.

6. Bobbyoso

Bobbyoso Member

Fender Pro Junior is worth looking into, especially if you don't need huge, huge volume w/o a mic.

7. JStotes

JStotes Member

8. Triangle

Triangle Member

Either a used all-tube peavey or a used HDX. Both very good amps for the money, especially if you only use the clean channel.

9. xjbebop

xjbebop Member

I have a few diff amps, but usually prefer my bugs for playing w/ pedals...

10. radiohead625

radiohead625 Member

thanks guys! i was looking at a peavey, but i wasn't sure how the cleans compare... but the sound should be similar right? Any specific peavey? fenders seem to be over the $350

11. radiohead625

radiohead625 Member

aren't the peavey's el84's? Are they bass flubby and bad with pedals like a vox?

12. caelum7

caelum7 Member

Vox's are bass flubby and bad with pedals?

13. radiohead625

radiohead625 Member

well for using a kalamazoo(kind of a tubescreamer) and Hoof(Muff) they are... my vox doesn't do that big in your face fuzz sound like in the vid. In fact it just flat out refuses which is why im getting a pedal amp to pair with it.