Simple amp...

radiohead625

Can anyone point me to a cheaper amp (around $350) that takes pedals extremely well and can nail these tones with these pedals as well as the DRRI does? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyN614y5ar0 i was thinking maybe a peavey delta blues?
Side question: Do you think the amp in this video is cranking or is he basically using the pedals?

ES330

From PGS: "The overdrive was with the Lovepedal Kalamazoo and yes the Hoof for the heavier part."

A cheap amp that takes pedals well is the Laney Cub 10
has a good clean sound of its own, and takes pedals well for the dirt
do change the speaker

radiohead625

ya i saw that on the comments but i didn't know if the amp was set a little dirty as well. The laney is only 10 watts i was thinking atleast 15-30 sorry. I wanna match it with my vox. Anyone else care to comment?

Bobbyoso

Fender Pro Junior is worth looking into, especially if you don't need huge, huge volume w/o a mic.

Triangle

Either a used all-tube peavey or a used HDX. Both very good amps for the money, especially if you only use the clean channel.

radiohead625

thanks guys! i was looking at a peavey, but i wasn't sure how the cleans compare... but the sound should be similar right? Any specific peavey? fenders seem to be over the $350

radiohead625

well for using a kalamazoo(kind of a tubescreamer) and Hoof(Muff) they are... my vox doesn't do that big in your face fuzz sound like in the vid. In fact it just flat out refuses which is why im getting a pedal amp to pair with it.

Trending Topics