1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Simple DIY knob-related question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by RBfan, May 15, 2011.

1. RBfan

RBfan Member

Hi all - I know this is probably better suited for a DIY type forum, but I know a lot of you build pedals & will know the answer to this pretty simple question. I'm building a GGG TS pedal & I'd like to replace the knobs with some MXR-type ones like this:

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=1037

I just can't tell if these have set-screws. The shafts are smooth, not knurled & it seems like I would need them to have set-screws. So, 1) am I right about needing the set-screws and 2) do you happen to know if the ones in the link have them?

What's confusing is that others on that site seem to include 'set-screw' in the description if they have them, but I know most MXR-type knobs do have screws.

Thanks for any help!

T

2. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Member

The MXR style knobs I purchased from smallbear had a screw to secure it to the shaft.

3. CodeMonk

CodeMonk Member

I have several of those types in black.
    They have set screws.

4. RBfan

RBfan Member

Cool, guys - thanks a lot!

T