• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Simpler version of the Bogner Red?

BMX

I loved the sound of the Bogner Red but didn't love how adjustable/tweakable it was so I sold it. Do any of the other Bogner pedals (that have less dials) have a similar sound? Or any other brands I should look at?

analogsystem

I don't think the sound is all that similar (haven't tried one), but people seem to like the Wessex for similar high gain applications. Some even say it sounds better (?) for some stuff.

Reactions: BMX

johnh

I understand the OP's point. Maybe for space saving, or maybe some folks just like a simple pedals with 3 knobs. I don't think it is a bad thing to ask for the same sound as a large pedal but in a smaller, simpler format.

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
Check out the Bogner burnley. Not really the same as the Bogner red, but it's as close as Bogner has with less knobs and switches.

I understand wanting a simpler pedal but you should be able to dial in the red and than leave it alone, unless you have tweakeritis.

Trending Topics