Since you cannot power off the TurboTuner via daisychain..SOLVED..

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by doublee, Jul 23, 2008.

1. doublee

doublee Member

...like I was able to off the Boss TU-2, so I therefore now 'need' one of those fancy power brick thingy$ ??

I would bet alot of people powered off their TU-2 in the bad old days...and perhaps the TT would have been nice to offer that option?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  2. erksin

erksin Member

The TU-2 doesn't supply additional power to anything - it merely passes off what it doesn't use. I don't see why you couldn't do the same with a One Spot daisy chain.

3. jman

jman Supporting Member

i used a daisy chain for a while without a TU-2 - you just need a daisy cable with male end to plug into the DC supply...from what i remember,the TU-2 just has an extra DC 'thru' jack and no extra power of it's own,right?

4. erksin

erksin Member

Correct - it supplies no additional power. You're at the mercy of the providing wall wart.

5. doublee

doublee Member

Thanks guys.

What I have is a OneSpot that plugs into just 1 pedal at a time. The TU2 has a power 'out' jack that a daisy chain was then plugged into to power the other pedals.

Maybe there is another type of daisychain...?

6. erksin

erksin Member

Just plug the One Spot into the daisy chain and go from there. As long as you don't surpass the mA rating you're golden.

7. doublee

doublee Member

They are the same type of plug, so cannot plug one into the other. I'll look at 1spot site maybe there are different types of daisychain...

8. doublee

doublee Member

OK problem solved: Onespot makes an adapator for this very problem. Its a chain that the Spot will plug directly into...

Man they have great customer service!

9. erksin

erksin Member

Ah, I just assumed you already had the One Spot chain and not the Boss chain.

10. doublee

doublee Member

Yes...I ...uh....forgot to mention that detail, sorry. I assumed a chain is a chain is a chain..... :jo