single coil height adjustment

Killa-B

I'm using a normal strat guitar. I know there is a range, but what is the typical pickup distance from the strings when the string is fretted on the 22nd fret?

Thanks

U

unclej54

with the strings depressed on the last fret fender suggests a height of 2mm (5/64") on the e, a and d and 1.6mm (4/64") on the g, b and e strings. after you've set them at this height you can adjust down if one of them is too strong compared to the others.

CAFeathers

I use the "Nickel" method. With the low E (bass side) fretted at the last fret stack 2 nickels and place them between the the pole piece and the string, adjust the pickup so the nickels just fit. Then on the high e (treble side) use only 1 nickel. This makes a great starting point and you can fine tune from there.

U

unclej54

Originally posted by CAFeathers
I use the "Nickel" method. With the low E (bass side) fretted at the last fret stack 2 nickels and place them between the the pole piece and the string, adjust the pickup so the nickels just fit. Then on the high e (treble side) use only 1 nickel. This makes a great starting point and you can fine tune from there.
great idea! that's actually about 3mm for two and 1.5mm for one and will work out pretty well when i loose my little metal ruler..which is often.:D

Trending Topics