Single Pedal for Swells

Resonate01

Beside a volume pedal of course. I'll be using other reverbs and delays, but the decay won't be as long. Basically looking for a single box that can basically be my go to pedal for long decays and such.

Considered the Dispatch Master, El Capistan, and even the cheaper Echo Park.

What would you suggest?

ERGExplorer

I thought you were looking for the beat pedal for swells, which would be one of the HOG/POG pedals. Nothing else does a swell on every note of an arpeggio.

slave

The Zoom MS-50G & MS-60B can do swells, and you can construct a patch that not only does swell but also reverb, delay etc. all with one stomp.
Sounds like it might be useful for you? From memory it can do 4 different effects all in one patch.

Don't write it off as a cheapo multi pedal, they are very good, especially when you look at the price.

jimijimmyjeffy

Many random pedals. I actually use a Talisman reverb for wet reverb swell, using the predelay maxed and the dry signal completely off. Every note then swells into the picture. Really good for experimental stuff, as another special effect option. Other than that, my volume pedal for swells is my pinky finger and the strat volume knob, lol.

Stratburst70

Any really good delay pedal with an auto-swell function will get you there. You can find them in the Boss DD-500, the Line 6 M9 or the Strymon Timeline. Personally, I think the Boss has the best bang-for-buck, but YMMV.

Byknfool

Silver Supporting Member
Wet reverb with hall setting...decay just over 75% and near 100% mix. Of course other pedals help, but to me this is swell like.

jsytsma

The autoswell on the Echo Park is solid. I thought it was the weakest part of the Timeline. But actually the BigSky's is really great

Ultimately I prefer a volume pedal.

OotMagroot

I think the OP is going to be using a volume pedal, LOL. If you're looking for a dedicated pedal for long delays and reverb for swells, you need not look any further than the Dispatch Master.

AnalogKid85

Yamaha Magicstomp, hands down!

That Allan Holdsworth swell sound with the 8 modulated delays is still my favorite for this type of thing after all these years.

Trending Topics