Singlecut brazilian rosewood guitar

hot_rats

Here in Brazil, we can get Brazilian Rosewood much easier.

Anyway, I am thinking of a Dream Guitar, to be built in the future to me.

How interesting does a guitar like that may sound, look and feel like? How crazy would you go for that?

I am talking about everything, from body to neck, made of Brazilian Rosewood.

SGNick

The Beatles - Let It Be Album

Get Back (rhythm guitar)
I've Got A Feeling (lead guitar)
One After 909 (lead guitar)
Dig A Pony (Lead guitar)
Don't Let Me Down (lead guitar)
I Me Mine (guitar)
Let it Be ( solo)
Long and Winding Road (throughout)
Two Of Us (bassline)

George Harrison liked his Rosewood telecaser I guess.

jcoggins7

I think it sounds like a great idea, except you would have to get pickups to compensate for what would probably be a very dark and smooth sound (not a bad thing).

go7

You need to send me some of that Braz rosewood. I`ll feel better,you`ll feel better.:).I`ll build one and tell you the scoop. Good Luck!

Colourful

I'm sure customs is gonna be real happy when they see a big ol' chunk of Brazilian rosewood at their door.

aleclee

TGP Tech Wrangler
Staff member
I am talking about everything, from body to neck, made of Brazilian Rosewood.
IMO, it's probably too much of a good thing.

I believe that when creating specifications for a guitar, the wood choice works better when it's driven by a target tone rather than a desire to be different or exotic.

Samba

The Harrison Tele was Indian Rosewood from memory. They're not singlecuts, though here are a few Brazzy Private Stock PRSi. Fun to look at...

prsrosewoodrc4.jpg

hot_rats

IMO, it's probably too much of a good thing.

I believe that when creating specifications for a guitar, the wood choice works better when it's driven by a target tone rather than a desire to be different or exotic.

I am looking for a dark and rich tone, but still much different than what usually is reached with mahogany.

SGNick

I might be wrong, but I think I heard Harrison's rosewood Tele was chambered.

Not chambered, but had a piece of maple sandwiched between two larger pieces of rosewood, and an all rosewood neck (not sure if it had a maple skunk stripe...)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom