• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Singlecut brazilian rosewood guitar

hot_rats

Here in Brazil, we can get Brazilian Rosewood much easier.

Anyway, I am thinking of a Dream Guitar, to be built in the future to me.

How interesting does a guitar like that may sound, look and feel like? How crazy would you go for that?

I am talking about everything, from body to neck, made of Brazilian Rosewood.

SGNick

The Beatles - Let It Be Album

Get Back (rhythm guitar)
I've Got A Feeling (lead guitar)
One After 909 (lead guitar)
Dig A Pony (Lead guitar)
Don't Let Me Down (lead guitar)
I Me Mine (guitar)
Let it Be ( solo)
Long and Winding Road (throughout)
Two Of Us (bassline)

George Harrison liked his Rosewood telecaser I guess.

jcoggins7

I think it sounds like a great idea, except you would have to get pickups to compensate for what would probably be a very dark and smooth sound (not a bad thing).

go7

You need to send me some of that Braz rosewood. I`ll feel better,you`ll feel better.:).I`ll build one and tell you the scoop. Good Luck!

Colourful

I'm sure customs is gonna be real happy when they see a big ol' chunk of Brazilian rosewood at their door.

aleclee

TGP Tech Wrangler
Staff member
I am talking about everything, from body to neck, made of Brazilian Rosewood.
IMO, it's probably too much of a good thing.

I believe that when creating specifications for a guitar, the wood choice works better when it's driven by a target tone rather than a desire to be different or exotic.

Samba

The Harrison Tele was Indian Rosewood from memory. They're not singlecuts, though here are a few Brazzy Private Stock PRSi. Fun to look at...

hot_rats

IMO, it's probably too much of a good thing.

I believe that when creating specifications for a guitar, the wood choice works better when it's driven by a target tone rather than a desire to be different or exotic.
I am looking for a dark and rich tone, but still much different than what usually is reached with mahogany.

SGNick

I might be wrong, but I think I heard Harrison's rosewood Tele was chambered.
Not chambered, but had a piece of maple sandwiched between two larger pieces of rosewood, and an all rosewood neck (not sure if it had a maple skunk stripe...)

Trending Topics