Singular Sound Aeros Loop Studio

Lord Radish

Okay, came today. Already getting the hang of it, but I’m really waiting for freeform mode, so I can hopefully overdub right away for seamless drones.

Really well built, it’s be nice to get a glass screen protector for this thing.

Haven’t dove too much into it, as far as bugs go, but the count in doesn’t seem to be working, it just starts recording right away, no matter how many measures I tell it to count in. Any one else having this problem?

Also, is there any way to turn off the click without going into settings? Sometimes I just need it for the first track of the song, really disrupts the workflow to have to go menu diving. Simple metronome icon on the play screen would be great, or in the mixer.

I’m excited about this, well aware that it’s not quite there, yet.

Last edited:

ljholland

Silver Supporting Member
Also, is there any way to turn off the click without going into settings? Sometimes I just need it for the first track of the song, really disrupts the workflow to have to go menu diving. Simple metronome icon on the play screen would be great, or in the mixer.

I’m excited about this, well aware that it’s not quite there, yet.
I had a conversation about struggles with re-recording (which were resolved by the last update). I also mentioned to them about some way to automatically mute the metronome once play was pressed on the first track. Another idea I asked for was a click volume slider in the mixer...which would then be another way to mute the click.

Lord Radish

Is sync track not working, either? I didn't see an option, and I noticed when I started my second track, it didn't start where the first track started. This did enable me to make a seamless drone with the two tracks, which will be a somewhat usable workaround until freeform happens.

RockDebris

Is sync track not working, either? I didn't see an option, and I noticed when I started my second track, it didn't start where the first track started. This did enable me to make a seamless drone with the two tracks, which will be a somewhat usable workaround until freeform happens.
every starting point will be at the beginning of the next measure after you press the record button and will run for as long as you want. The tracks are in time, but they do not run together at the same intervals if you don’t want them to.

Lord Radish

every starting point will be at the beginning of the next measure after you press the record button and will run for as long as you want. The tracks are in time, but they do not run together at the same intervals if you don’t want them to.
Thanks, if I did want them to, is my only option to just nail it on the measure I want?

Also, am I right that the count-in isn't working? I can't hear any count-in track.

RockDebris

Thanks, if I did want them to, is my only option to just nail it on the measure I want?

Also, am I right that the count-in isn't working? I can't hear any count-in track.
Have you upgraded to the latest 2.8.2? I’m not sure of all the differences. I do get a count in.

you don’t have to “nail it” exactly, but you need to press buttons anywhere in the measure before the thing you want to happen and it will happen on the downbeat of the next measure. It’s more a queuing process, except overdub which is real time. Btw overdub is another way to manufacture a seamless loop.

Lord Radish

Have you upgraded to the latest 2.8.2? I’m not sure of all the differences. I do get a count in.

you don’t have to “nail it” exactly, but you need to press buttons anywhere in the measure before the thing you want to happen and it will happen on the downbeat of the next measure. It’s more a queuing process, except overdub which is real time. Btw overdub is another way to manufacture a seamless loop.
Yes, I have 2.82, and no count in. Just starts recording, right away.

Have you made a seamless loop? If so, how did you do it?

Disclaimer - I just got this yesterday, so there may be a few things it already does that I can't figure out. When I can finally get 6x6 mode working, I'm gonna be so lit!

Last edited:

RockDebris

Yes, I have 2.82, and no count in. Just starts recording, right away.

Have you made a seamless loop? If so, how did you do it?

Disclaimer - I just got this yesterday, so there may be a few things it already does that I can't figure out. When I can finally get 6x6 mode working, I'm gonna be so lit!
oh you can’t get 6x6 working or you just haven’t explored it yet? Because it should work, but I saw some thread at their forum of people saying they couldn’t get it to work and the solution. I believe it was related to an incomplete update.

Lord Radish

oh you can’t get 6x6 working or you just haven’t explored it yet? Because it should work, but I saw some thread at their forum of people saying they couldn’t get it to work and the solution. I believe it was related to an incomplete update.
No, can't seem to get it to work. I'd love to explore it.

How did you do the seamless loop?

RockDebris

No, can't seem to get it to work. I'd love to explore it.

How did you do the seamless loop?
By overlapping either two tracks or an overdub. They need to implement a smooth cross fade for sure. Get your update checked out though. It seems like you are running into something others have contended with already. It doesn’t sound to me like it is firing on all cylinders.

Lord Radish

By overlapping either two tracks or an overdub. They need to implement a smooth cross fade for sure. Get your update checked out though. It seems like you are running into something others have contended with already. It doesn’t sound to me like it is firing on all cylinders.
So, if you wanted to do the seamless on one track, you'd hit the overdub while making sure there's still enough of the original note sustaining to last in the overdub? Does it give you a zero crossing click, since there's no xfade?

That thread didn't have a solution, just someone stating the problem.

RockDebris

So, if you wanted to do the seamless on one track, you'd hit the overdub while making sure there's still enough of the original note sustaining to last in the overdub? Does it give you a zero crossing click, since there's no xfade?

That thread didn't have a solution, just someone stating the problem.
I’ll text it for you. I can’t remember how seamless an over dub is across the loop start point.

Elantric

Silver Supporting Member
I also can NOT get 6x6 mode to work with FW 2.8.2

Apparently after applying the FW 2.8.2, the Aeros Looper will be "stuck" in the last used mode - I updated right out of the box, and Im stuck in 2x2 mode, and can not access 6x6 mode, can Not save any tracks, no SD card.

After the FW download - my Aeros auto rebooted and applied the FW 2.8.2 update -
it did hang at 98% for 2 minutes, then again 99% for another minute
Then it rebooted with the latest Firmware fully installed (FW2.8.2) (Oct 28, 2018 )

Last edited:

Lord Radish

I also can NOT get 6x6 mode to work with FW 2.8.2

Apparently after applying the FW 2.8.2, the Aeros Looper will be "stuck" in the last used mode - I updated right out of the box, and Im stuck in 2x2 mode, and can not access 6x6 mode
That's my problem, too. Never got a chance to even see it!

donfrantz

Yo! You stealin’ all the cool.
Silver Supporting Member
I updated to 2.8.2 a few days ago and both modes work. Update took a long time, but worked.

Elantric

Silver Supporting Member
Despite the specs saying 3 hours mono, 1.5 hours stereo
3 hours mono, 1.5 hours stereo recording time using internal storage and up to 48 hours storage when using an SD card
https://singularsound.com/product/aeros-loop-studio/

The reality with FW 2.8.2
Apparently there is a 2.5 minute limitation on loops in 2x2 mode
3 minute limitation in 6x6 mode
https://forum.singularsound.com/t/6x6-2-min-30-secs-max/15556
--
RockDebris
Using 2.8.2. I need to be able to get an entire song into Aeros for my project, but trying to import the tracks one-by-one

Using 2.8.2. I need to be able to get an entire song into Aeros for my project, but trying to import the tracks one-by-one through the main input (while waiting for SD card to work again), the max length of any track is 2 min 30 secs.

I know that the Aeros has song parts, and if you cut up the song into song parts then 2 min 30 secs is pretty lengthy, but I would very much prefer there to be no limitation at all (except for the amount of memory that is left).

Waiting for the SD card to work so I can test this out again. Can you tell me if it will have the same limitation? Is 2 min 30 seconds some sort of imposed limit?

====

booneroo
Thanks for posting this… I have the same question. I timed one track on 6x6 mode and got 3min max before it looped automatically. I tried it on 2x2 and got only about 2:30.
This is a major limitation.

Last edited:

RockDebris

I updated to 2.8.2 out of the box before doing anything. I had heard the last bit of the update takes a while, so I just walked away for a long time. When I came back it was good and was showing me the change log. Both 2x2 and 6x6 function normally.

that’s why it is so hard to answer questions. If 6x6 isn’t working for someone, but it is for me, then there must be other things wrong too. Other behaviors such as count in, over dub mechanics, etc probably are behaving differently.

Elantric

Silver Supporting Member
I updated to 2.8.2 out of the box before doing anything. I had heard the last bit of the update takes a while, so I just walked away for a long time. When I came back it was good and was showing me the change log. Both 2x2 and 6x6 function normally.

that’s why it is so hard to answer questions. If 6x6 isn’t working for someone, but it is for me, then there must be other things wrong too. Other behaviors such as count in, over dub mechanics, etc probably are behaving differently.
Id MUCH prefer a Singular Sound FW repository, and users could log in and download the firmware version that woks best for their needs, and load into Aeros using a USB cable to a Mac or Windows PC, or Android with OTG.

Mine is a bit of a door stop at the moment

Lord Radish

Okay, got it working. Apparently, the problem was in that first song I created, it wouldn't let me change anything. When I created a new song from scratch, the count in worked, as well as the 6x6.

I had a lot of fun with 6x6, if they can get the auto-x-fade implemented, it's gonna be the perfect soundscape machine.

Did run into another prob in 6x6, though, in terms of letting me select different tracks. It wouldn't let me select the last two of four.

What I'm still trying to figure out is navigating through the tracks (up and down) with the footpedal. Am I wrong in thinking that the only way to get back to track 2 when you're on track 5 is to switch to the mixer, if you want to do it hands-free?