Singular Sound Aeros Loop Studio

ljholland

Gold Supporting Member
@SingularSound - A big hi! I'm still loving my Aeros with the BB. You folks have really taken the community feedback and improved the Aeros so much since the release. Thanks!

SingularSound

Vendor
Hey!

Glad you are loving the combo! We take a lot of pride in our customer service and excellent community! We appreciate the appreciation :)

It's only getting better, stay tuned for the next release of Lock Tracks! Tested versions are looking pretty cool! So it should be ready soon.

axehole

Howdy all!

Singular Sound rep here to answer any and all questions you may have for me!
Hey man....I am wondering if this looper has adjustable loop fadeout time like the EHX 1440 and Mobius software?
And also if I buy one and have it shipped to me in Canada, Is there duty to pay or is it exempt because it is manufactured in the USA?

Last edited:

Thovy64

When is the recording time going to be increased? 2:30 is too short, I would like to be able to dedicate a track for a drum backing track. There is internal memory + 32gb SD card. Singular sound, make it evolve. 2:30 is a big limitation.

Quad4

When is the recording time going to be increased? 2:30 is too short
I agree, although I was more worried about this in theory than in practice.

I think SS will figure a way to increase this even if slightly. My guess is they currently need all 6 parts and all 6 tracks have to fit into memory which is 90 minutes total. I think that's stereo, so mono songs could be twice as long presumably. There are many ways to address this. I'd be OK with "first come, first served" in terms of the recording space. So I could blow 45 minutes on a single track and part and would have less for the rest of the song.

RockDebris

I agree, although I was more worried about this in theory than in practice.

I think SS will figure a way to increase this even if slightly. My guess is they currently need all 6 parts and all 6 tracks have to fit into memory which is 90 minutes total. I think that's stereo, so mono songs could be twice as long presumably. There are many ways to address this. I'd be OK with "first come, first served" in terms of the recording space. So I could blow 45 minutes on a single track and part and would have less for the rest of the song.
That's the way to go, and the way it works in some other loopers. Let the user manage their space until they run out, how ever many songs it takes. If the space limit is reached, that's on the user. I don't know if there is a technical limitation though .. it depends on how the loop data is accessed I suppose. Is it direct access from the disk or must it be loaded into volatile memory? If volatile memory, then the amount of that memory may impose the limit. The EHX 45000 lets you store up to 99 songs of any length (you could use up the whole disk with 1 song if you needed to) ... that suggests to me the 45000 relies on direct access .. and that is probably supported by the fact that the 45000 cannot do as many things with the data after it is recorded as the Aeros can. (for instance, the EXH cannot vary the loop length of each track in 1 song and have them repeat at different time intervals)

Last edited:

Quad4

Aeros supports an arbitrary number of songs. It's just that each song has limits on overall length of all it's tracks. Pretty sure this will improve, but not go away completely in some way.

Brockstar

I'm being lazy but I couldn't find it on their site, but did they ever implement reverse and octave and half-speed features or other cool things in this looper yet? That's a deal breaker for me if not as I've been interested in it.

AMackie

I'm being lazy but I couldn't find it on their site, but did they ever implement reverse and octave and half-speed features or other cool things in this looper yet? That's a deal breaker for me if not as I've been interested in it.
No, those features have not been added yet and from Singular Sound’s communication on their forums it is unclear whether they ever will be...

Brockstar

No, those features have not been added yet and from Singular Sound’s communication on their forums it is unclear whether they ever will be...
Thanks... so that's a big no from me right now. I thought after a year or so being out that something like that would have been done in it by now. I guess I'll look at the boomerang or something else.

SingularSound

Vendor
Hey man....I am wondering if this looper has adjustable loop fadeout time like the EHX 1440 and Mobius software?
And also if I buy one and have it shipped to me in Canada, Is there duty to pay or is it exempt because it is manufactured in the USA?
Hey there,

The Aeros is not manufactured in the USA, If you have any questions about an order please refer them to support@singularsound.com, thank you

When is the recording time going to be increased? 2:30 is too short, I would like to be able to dedicate a track for a drum backing track. There is internal memory + 32gb SD card. Singular sound, make it evolve. 2:30 is a big limitation.
We are looking at what we can do, cannot make promises on this front right now. That being said, once we implement backing tracks, there will be a way for them to work. We do not expect people to only use songs that are less than two minutes and 30 seconds long.

We are not at that point yet where I can tell you exactly how this will work, I just know that we want this functionality eventually and it is in our development timeline.

Thanks... so that's a big no from me right now. I thought after a year or so being out that something like that would have been done in it by now. I guess I'll look at the boomerang or something else.
We'll get you eventually, just you wait ;)

Reverse is on our development timeline, hopefully we can show it off soon!

Brockstar

Hey there,

The Aeros is not manufactured in the USA, If you have any questions about an order please refer them to support@singularsound.com, thank you

We are looking at what we can do, cannot make promises on this front right now. That being said, once we implement backing tracks, there will be a way for them to work. We do not expect people to only use songs that are less than two minutes and 30 seconds long.

We are not at that point yet where I can tell you exactly how this will work, I just know that we want this functionality eventually and it is in our development timeline.

We'll get you eventually, just you wait ;)

Reverse is on our development timeline, hopefully we can show it off soon!

A looper this strong and price wise should really had reverse and half speed out of the box to be honest. However maybe one day :D good luck! I'll check on it off and on and see if and whenever it happens. I do like the 6 tracks and the form of the hardware and other things and if it had those 2 things I'd be on it now.

SingularSound

Vendor
A looper this strong and price wise should really had reverse and half speed out of the box to be honest. However maybe one day :D good luck! I'll check on it off and on and see if and whenever it happens. I do like the 6 tracks and the form of the hardware and other things and if it had those 2 things I'd be on it now.
Noted! Indeed we will hopefully change your mind!

msp

Every review I find has it coupled with the BB. I realize the bb is how Singular Sound made its way, I realize people love that product, but I don't want a BB. I want/need to create my own beats. I am hoping by not using a BB I am not crippling the looper's functions? I'm taking a risk and ordering this but please for the love of all things good... beat detection, please. That and the usb... eventually will I be able to use the usb to transfer files? I'm not a photographer and didn't build my studio Pc to take SD cards. I'm not trying to be snarky but does the usb work for anything currently? I really feel like I'm taking a huge risk here. It looks like a really cool product but I can't use the usb?... I'm so dumb.

axehole

I was going to buy one of these, but after having a close hard look I decided to go with an iPad and looping software. (Guys in this forum where talking about it). So glad I did.....it is much more flexible.
It seems like it is taking far to long for Singular Sound to implement a whole bunch of features that should have been there since day one. Sorry boys I have to call it like I see it.

I still haven't sold off my Boss Looper, or for that matter my PC with Ableton / Mobius / Groove Agent 2 and the accompanying FCB-1010.

It took a while to get the right Hub and cables but the iPad Air 4 runs pretty rock solid and is nice and portable. And now I have plenty of choice for drum accompaniment that is very good in many styles.

At least when the World goes down in flames we will be able to watch it as we sit and fiddle with our loopers.

Den

Gold Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
I was going to buy one of these, but after having a close hard look I decided to go with an iPad and looping software. (Guys in this forum where talking about it). So glad I did.....it is much more flexible. ...
I'm heading down the same road. I just loaded Quantiloop on my iPad last night and watched a few videos to get me started. I have the Xsonic Airstep bundle ordered and hopefully on the way soon to control both my FM3 and Quantiloop wirelessly. Based on some things I read in a few other forums, I also downloaded the AUM app which is supposed to make it much easier to manage different audio inputs and apps ... works like a mixer and gets great reviews.

This solution still has a hardware component with the iPad, an interface and Airstep controller, but it appears this approach offers much greater flexibility, and since I already have an iPad and interface, a substantially lower cost as well.

MKB

Gold Supporting Member
I'm heading down the same road. I just loaded Quantiloop on my iPad last night and watched a few videos to get me started. I have the Xsonic Airstep bundle ordered and hopefully on the way soon to control both my FM3 and Quantiloop wirelessly. Based on some things I read in a few other forums, I also downloaded the AUM app which is supposed to make it much easier to manage different audio inputs and apps ... works like a mixer and gets great reviews.

This solution still has a hardware component with the iPad, an interface and Airstep controller, but it appears this approach offers much greater flexibility, and since I already have an iPad and interface, a substantially lower cost as well.
I went in the other direction; used an iPad with Quantiloop for a few weeks and found it a bit hard to wrap my head around (as a beginning looper user). The iPad belongs to my day job, so rather than buy another iPad Pro and fiddle with the iPad loopers, and I'm using a Beatbuddy, I decided to try the Aeros. The integration with the BeatBuddy looks great so far, as does the controllability, and it looks simpler to use overall. The combination of the BeatBuddy and Aeros promises to be very musical, and simple enough to not distract from making music, while offering terrific flexibility.

I also have a ton of reasons I don't want to give any money to Apple, but that's way beyond the scope of this conversation. I prefer dedicated hardware devices anyhow.

Den

Gold Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
I went in the other direction; used an iPad with Quantiloop for a few weeks and found it a bit hard to wrap my head around (as a beginning looper user). ...
Makes total sense ... that's why it's great we have so many options today!

Reactions: MKB

Trending Topics