Singular Sound Aeros Loop Studio

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Digital Igloo, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Guitardave

Guitardave Supporting Member

Just got the email that my Aeros shipped!!! :D

mbenigni, Emigre, Brandon7s and 3 others like this.
  2. Mark Al

Mark Al Member

Looking forward to your hands-on review, Dave :)

3. Guitardave

Will do...I'm really more curious about my "hands-free" review. ;)

It's the footswitching logic that usually drives me crazy with stuff!! The looper on the VoiceLive III was such a bungle of an interface that I sold it off.

mbenigni and Mark Al like this.
  4. ljholland

ljholland Silver Supporting Member

Tracking says that it's due on Monday.....

salsaguy and RockDebris like this.
  5. Go2ldook

Go2ldook Member

I used "stutter" with the Infinity for corrections with some success. The BEST solution for looping is having your drummer suck it up and play to a click, and running a MIDI file in the background that records/starts/stops loops. I am playing in a 2 piece band where I have a drummer and I do everything else: sing, guitar, synth, bass. It was a massive tap dance but now I can control it all easily and focus more on performance. I still create my loops live, but I take the human error element out of the pedal presses. It is amazing!

Currently I use the Pigtronix Infinity, but seriously eyeing the Aeros. Would prefer to see some personal reviews before I buy, but I suspect it will open up total looping madness for my set-up.

RockDebris likes this.
  6. Mark_48

Mark_48 Member

To those receiving the Aeros in the near future, could you take it out in open sunlight and see if the display can be seen easily. I have a Yamaha keyboard with a touch screen display and it pretty much gets washed out if I'm playing an outside gig unless I put up a popup canopy which sometimes isn't feasible. I'm kind of on the fence with the Aeros or an EHX 95000 and it needs to be usable outside.

7. salsaguy

salsaguy Member

You can see the Aeros Loop Stations in use along with the Beat Buddy to see how seamlessly it MIDI syncs, as intended here:

8. RockDebris

RockDebris Member

I keep hoping a User Manual will appear since these are about to be in users' hands. Should be the first FAQ, "Where is the User Manual?".

Viabcroce and salsaguy like this.
  9. Mark_48

Mark_48 Member

I won't buy a piece of gear without seeing some sort of manual and the Aeros is no exception. I do have a BeatBuddy which when I bought it was firmware version 2.04 and the manual that is currently available for download on Singulars site is still written for v2.04. The current firmware for the BeatBuddy is v3.60, so the available manual may not reflect some functionality correctly. If the Aeros 'documentation' is like the BeatBuddy, Singular may rely on Youtube videos and its forum for user information and a manual will be minimal. I suspect the Aeros will evolve with updates as users find bugs and implementing of functional changes that users request which would make it difficult to keep a manual up to date.

mbenigni and salsaguy like this.
  10. Quad4

Quad4 Member

Sounds like the software (and various features) for Aeros is a work in progress ... which does not bode well for the manual.

salsaguy likes this.
  11. Guitardave

I don't really worry much about manuals in a world of constantly evolving software. But I do value quality information and access to real answers quite highly.

As long as the info is available I don't worry about whether it's called a manual, FAQ, user guide or tutorial.

salsaguy likes this.
  12. RockDebris

RockDebris Member

So it depends on whether you can judge Aeros by the information available. I'm down with what I've seen so far, but I prefer a traditional quick start and a manual (even if it is only online) at the beginning of using the gear. FAQs have their place, but as a way to look up exact info when you need it, not so good. Video Tutorials are great, but also not so easy to revisit that one piece of info you need.

I think they'll be doing some more work in this area. I know from first hand experience that developers/coders generally hate writing user manuals though. It's to concrete and hard to maintain, unlike well written code.

salsaguy and Guitardave like this.
  13. RockDebris

RockDebris Member

Well, I suppose if that's the case it hasn't hurt the success of Beat Buddy very much, and from what I can tell, that product has some depth to it for advanced users.

14. James Knox

James Knox Member

Currently using the BB and a Boomerang 3. The Rang works perfect synced with the BB but I like the form factor of the new Aeros. I am interested in the Aeros, but it will cost more and I would never use it in the 6X6 mode.

I do like the feature that allows you to “cue up” the track and then the recording starts on the first beat of the measure. With the Rang you must start exactly on the beat or it will arm the track for the next “go round”.

I agree with those who have asked for an Aeros Junior - simple looping, less money, perfectly syncing with the Beat Buddy.

salsaguy likes this.
  15. ljholland

ljholland Silver Supporting Member

The box just arrived. Of course, I'm at work and can't play with it.

I did open the box and there's no manual. It's literally paper-free. Just the unit and the power supply.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

16. salsaguy

salsaguy Member

Yup Im one of them. dont need the $700 Aeros I need a mini so I can have something like the Boss RC-10R / RC-30 but with the MIDI sync for my Beat Buddy. I am not a pro and dont perform onstage but would like a better looper than what is out there but still simple (4 buttons like Ditto X4)

James Knox likes this.
  17. salsaguy

salsaguy Member

Cant wait to hear your thoughts and see some actual users using it on YT.

18. eclecto-acoustic

eclecto-acoustic Supporting Member

You know...the more I look at this, the more I think it isn't the right one for me.

It is certainly a rad looking product, and it is nice to see loopers getting more attention.

It would be cool to see a version of this that has more inputs. The HR Looperboard and the EHX 95000 both have a bunch more I/O that makes them useful for multi-instrumentalists.

Just can't satisfy everybody :rolleyes:

19. Guitardave

+1

It all comes down to the quality and accessibility of the information.

Surprisingly I've come to appreciate tutorial videos way more than I used to. Yeah - it's annoying to watch a 15 minute video when I really only have one or two things I'm trying to figure out but I often discover things I wasn't thinking about when I see someone demo a function.

LOL - does anyone else feel relieved when they don't feel the need to spend $600 on a guitar toy?

I'll see how I like it soon - so far the only multi-track looper that I've actually liked using is the Ditto X4.

20. donfrantz

donfrantz Yo! You stealin’ all the cool. Silver Supporting Member

Got mine today too. Just starting to explore it. Going to take a bit before I can make any real concrete reviews--have to watch the instructional videos. I can say that the sound is excellent--extremely clear and true.

salsaguy likes this.