Singular Sound Aeros Loop Studio

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Digital Igloo, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Mark_48

Mark_48 Member

Anyone tried an update via WIFI to see if there is a newer version of the firmware?

2. spiral

spiral Member

Yes. There is not.

salsaguy and Guitardave like this.
  3. Guitardave

Guitardave Supporting Member

Thanks! I certainly didn't get the impression that freeform wasn't available at launch. I would have waited in that case. Let's see how they respond - otherwise I'll return it and wait awhile for it to mature.

salsaguy likes this.
  4. spiral

spiral Member

Yup. Me neither. I wouldn't have bought it either had I known—and I did ask them. Let us know if you hear back.

salsaguy and Guitardave like this.
  5. JoeInOttawa

JoeInOttawa Member

They didn't respond to that kind of pressure. Ask the people who have paid for MIDI Maestros.

6. JoeInOttawa

JoeInOttawa Member

I thought Anthony Sostre said it WAS included. Have any of you gone hunting through the Aeros threads on the Singular forum to find out for sure -- and to ask the question?

7. Guitardave

Email response to the question of freeform looping. I've asked if there is an estimated release date.

Yes, that is correct. It is an upcoming feature in the next firmware update. In the package that the Aeros comes in, you will see a printed list of imminently upcoming features, freeform mode is listed 8th one from the top.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  8. ljholland

ljholland Silver Supporting Member

....there wasn't a single paper in mine.

9. Guitardave

Latest reply:

The next firmware update should be ready within 3-4 weeks from now.

spiral likes this.
  10. RockDebris

RockDebris Member

It's unfortunate the first impression is that it is missing crucial features people expected. I'm sure they'll get there. I wonder of the first 100 how many people are super pleased with it just because it syncs with Beat Buddy or does basic looping and preset recall? Frankly, that's really all I need it for, but I do like knowing that it can do more than I initially need. I don't think anyone should ship a product that has MIDI ports without a complete MIDI implementation chart. That's just frustrating.

salsaguy likes this.
  11. Guitardave

Agreed - I'm going to test it with the Beatbuddy for awhile and see what happens. Couldn't really tell how intuitive it is for recording and looping using it standalone in quantize mode.

salsaguy likes this.
  12. salsaguy

salsaguy Member

13. Quad4

Quad4 Member

For the folks having problem with free form loops, have you tried having the subsequent parts being "longer" than the first part recorded with the settings Sync Tracks off and Quantize to Measure off?

Sync Tracks: Keeps tracks of different lengths synced with each other by making each track a multiple of the previous track. If track 1 is 3 measures long, track 2 can be 1, 3, 6, 9, etc. measures. If quantize is off, the following track can only be of equal or a multiple of greater length than the previous track. It is highly recommended to keep sync tracks on, unless you are doing soundscape or polyrhythm style of looping.

Quantize to measure: Starts and ends recording at the beginning/end of the measure. This requires a BPM and time signature setting (With BeatBuddy connected [MIDI Sync On], BPM and Time Signature will be set automatically).
    Likey the feature is still a WIP, but in case the problem is between the shoes and the guitar, the above might be a clue.

salsaguy likes this.
  14. Guitardave

The problem is that no signal is reaching the looper in Freeform. When you record in Quantize you can see the waveform on the screen as it captures audio. In Freeform - there's nothing being recorded...it's blank.

spiral likes this.
  15. donfrantz

donfrantz Yo! You stealin’ all the cool. Silver Supporting Member

Exactly

16. Mark_48

Mark_48 Member

From the Aeros webpage 'Specifications', does this suggest 'freeform' is only available for playback after recorded?
    "Quantize your tracks in any time signature or play in freeform mode"

17. spiral

spiral Member

No. Freeform mode is recording to no predetermined tempo and all loops loop independent of each other. Freeform sync mode is the same but all subsequent loops sync to the first loop.

@Guitardave got a reply that it won't be working until the first update which is 3-4 weeks from now:

I posted it here if you want to see it. There was also a note from Singular.

salsaguy likes this.
  18. Anthony Singular Sound

Anthony Singular Sound Vendor

Time to toss myself into the thread.

Hey everyone, I'm Anthony, the Marketing Director at Singular Sound.

I've been watching here closely, (and a few other forums) for some time, but I'm always hesitant to engage in forum threads for fear of not being appreciated. Usually I just take notes and pass feedback along to the developers/engineers. In my latest read through here, I saw someone post that they felt it weird that nobody from Singular Sound showed up here, so it sounded like one of us being here would be appreciated. If that's the case, great I'll pop in here from time to time. :) Otherwise just let me know and I'll go back to lurking in the shadows collecting your feedback silently.

@ljholland Sorry you didn't get a paper! That must've just been a mistake on our part when sending them out.

For everyone else, in regards to the free-sync not working, a bug (which y'all are experiencing) prevented it from working in this version, I would've sent an email through, but I recently moved and had a kid so I've not been able to do as much as I usually do in terms of sending out communications and the like. I just got back in Wednesday this week and have been playing the catch up game, so I should be able to send something concrete through next week.

I do know we just brought on an additional developer who's going to be helping out, so fingers crossed that the update comes sooner than that 3-4 week estimate given. :)

Regarding documentation: We've heard y'all loud and clear on the MIDI documentation and are trying to get it done ASAP, but with the limited members on the team, it's been a push - especially considering there's all the documentation needed for the Maestro as well which should be shipping soon. I will say we have a first draft of the MIDI documentation and are hoping to publish after a few much needed edits to the manual and QSG.

Feel free to ask me any questions directly over the weekend. I've still gotta unpack a ton of boxes so I likely won't check over the weekend, but I should be able to get back to you guys with answers to any questions on Monday.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    salsaguy, Thovy64, xcc and 8 others like this.
  19. RockDebris

RockDebris Member

Welcome. Your input is appreciated most of all!

Most pressing question for me, after MIDI docs is, when does the next batch ship?

salsaguy likes this.
  20. Anthony Singular Sound

Anthony Singular Sound Vendor

At the end of this month. :) September 28th is the current date given by the manufacturer for completion of the units, so I figure they'll ship out when the weekend's over, which would be the 30th.

salsaguy and RockDebris like this.